Heater core

whydidibuythis

Reaction score
Hello
We just bought a 75 Newport.
It needs a heater core and I can't seem to find one anywhere.
My question is does a core from a different model fit or does anyone know a supplier?
Thanks

If you don't have a Mopar parts book, get one. Find the factory PN, and shop from there. That's how you find most of your parts for these cars.

CC Cooling (714) 264-4374
I believe they were formerly AC Global, they are out of California. I only purchased a condenser and evaporator from them but I know at least one other FCBO member did purchase a heater core from them. Look at the AC Global thread and the Meet Buttercup threads for more information. It wouldn't hurt to mention the FCBO website. Good Luck.

I would suspect the model year range of heater cores would be from 1974 to 1978, as that was the model year range for that body series. Differences in whether or not it has no a/c, a/c, or possibly automatic hvac.

For general principles, you might try each of those model years at www.rockauto.com , just to see what MIGHT be available. I say "Might" as RA can change their vendor mix from time to time. In that website, you can click on "Info", then when that page comes up, go into that online catalog to look around.

CBODY67

Hello
We just bought a 75 Newport.
It needs a heater core and I can't seem to find one anywhere.
My question is does a core from a different model fit or does anyone know a supplier?
Thanks
A lot of these parts are unavailable so you have to pay to have the original heater core recored.
The process is expensive. Like $300 and up.
I have used L&S once before, although a long time ago. They could give you a price.
L&S RADIATORS

A lot of these parts are unavailable so you have to pay to have the original heater core recored.
The process is expensive. Like $300 and up.
I have used L&S once before, although a long time ago. They could give you a price.
L&S RADIATORS
I was kind of afraid of that.
Guess I'll be getting in touch with them.
Thanks

CC Cooling (714) 264-4374
I believe they were formerly AC Global, they are out of California. I only purchased a condenser and evaporator from them but I know at least one other FCBO member did purchase a heater core from them. Look at the AC Global thread and the Meet Buttercup threads for more information. It wouldn't hurt to mention the FCBO website. Good Luck.
Thanks for the suggestion.

I would suspect the model year range of heater cores would be from 1974 to 1978, as that was the model year range for that body series. Differences in whether or not it has no a/c, a/c, or possibly automatic hvac.

For general principles, you might try each of those model years at www.rockauto.com , just to see what MIGHT be available. I say "Might" as RA can change their vendor mix from time to time. In that website, you can click on "Info", then when that page comes up, go into that online catalog to look around.

CBODY67
I'll check them out.
Thanks for your time

FWIW, do you need the heater? A car only driven in the summer might never get the heater turned on. You can loop the heater hose to bypass the heater core, or even plug the outlets on the water pump (better way).

At least that would let you drive the car until you find a cheaper heater core.

FWIW, do you need the heater? A car only driven in the summer might never get the heater turned on. You can loop the heater hose to bypass the heater core, or even plug the outlets on the water pump (better way).

At least that would let you drive the car until you find a cheaper heater core.
It's actually my grandson's car and he's planning on driving year round. W did by-pass the core but like you said we need to find one asap.

We also have a Coronet and we can find almost everything for it. I think I'm just more in shock with the lack of parts availability for this car.
Thanks for the reply

Back