Heater Hose layout

1977newyorker

Reaction score
Previous owner had bypassed the heater, so now i'm trying to put it back. but i can't find a good diagram for the heater hoses. my service manual image is nearly illegible. does anyone have a diagram, or can take a picture of yours and share? thanks.

i'm also looking for a source for OEM style spark plug cable brackets, if anyone knows where to find them. thanks.

As to the spark plug wire items, you might look for a B-body restoration parts vendor which might have something similar to what you desire. Some engine-related things did cross from B bodies to C-bodies as the engines were the same.

CBODY67

Is this for a '77 New Yorker as your username implies or another c-body? If it is, I can see if I can find a picture of the engine on my grandpa's all-original 12,8xx mile '77 New Yorker that he bought and ordered new. The heater hoses have never been touched. The only thing that might make it different is that it was ordered (by him) without A/C and that's going to make some things on it different than 99.9% of the other '77 New Yorkers out there. That might also include the heater hose routing and box.

I know someone reproduces wire brackets if you can't find originals. Maybe try Lectric Limited as they are a good source for plug wires - maybe that's where I saw them? Otherwise, you could try Murray Park for a set of originals off a parts car.

Is this for a '77 New Yorker as your username implies or another c-body? If it is, I can see if I can find a picture of the engine on my grandpa's all-original 12,8xx mile '77 New Yorker that he bought and ordered new. The heater hoses have never been touched. The only thing that might make it different is that it was ordered (by him) without A/C and that's going to make some things on it different than 99.9% of the other '77 New Yorkers out there. That might also include the heater hose routing and box.

I know someone reproduces wire brackets if you can't find originals. Maybe try Lectric Limited as they are a good source for plug wires - maybe that's where I saw them? Otherwise, you could try Murray Park for a set of originals off a parts car.
Yep, for a 77....thanks

I don't have a '77 factory service manual, so I can't say for sure, but all my FSMs have a diagram of the heater hoses so I expect a 1977 version will have it too.

I don't have a '77 factory service manual, so I can't say for sure, but all my FSMs have a diagram of the heater hoses so I expect a 1977 version will have it too.
My FSM has a small fuzzy 3d drawing image. Its pretty useless for being illegible.

In those illustrations, they always have arrows to indicate coolant flow out of the water pump housing and out of the heater core back to the engine. Once you figure those out, as the arrows are very small and are inside of the hoses in the illustrations, it all should fall into place. Same illustration will work for many model years (on the engine side), which then means that the inlet side of the heater core must be determined, which usually has the water valve in it, near the heat core inlet.

Chrysler varied heater core temperatures via the amount of coolant flowing into the core, at least on factory a/c cars. Other brands had a constant flow of coolant into the heater core, then varied the air flowing through the core on their factory a/c cars. Having constant coolant flow through the core could extend the life of the core, from my experiences.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Sorry, these are the best I have. I really need to get some better pictures of this car...

This is a non-A/C car, but the hoses have never been touched on it.

IMG_20181029_145153636.jpg

IMG_20181029_145200379.jpg

Back