Hello, 65 polara - 426 street wedge -- need help with value

jbooth35

Reaction score
Hey folks. New to the forum and I need help on getting a value on Mom's polara. The car has been stored away in the garage for 20 years. I'm having trouble getting a value on the car, I've had opinions given with such a great range of value that I need to have others chime in to ease her mind when selling. I've only been able to find values on the convertibles, and this one is special because of the power plant, but it has no other bell's and whistles. Here is what I know. It is a 1965 Polara with factory 426 street wedge - original motor. It was repainted during the 1980's when dad used to show the car in local car shows (and win quite a few best in show - original class) It hasn't been started in a very long time, and the master brake cylinder is leaking (brakes go to the floor, albeit slowly.) I'll posts pics of the tag and a couple other shots. Interior is super clean, column shift, seat's are like new (80's restoration). I'm posting on a couple forums for info. Really appreciate the help. Also going to be selling 65 coronet original 426 street wedge 4 speed car. 2 63 plymouth belvedere's. and 73 dart sport (340) orig /6 car.

Looks like a nice car but I have no idea what it'd be worth. Best of luck finding a new home for it.

I'm giving this thread a bump, and deservingly so, because I have a feeling it fell through the cracks while the forum went kablooey for a bit.
This is one nice car!
I think it could bring some good money at least as C-bodies are concerned. Could we have more pics?

Posted via Topify on Android

I'll bite. First off, welcome to the site, and very nice sounding car you've got. Assuming the worst (which would be not running among other things), $3.5-5k based only on the three photos above. You mention the interior is super clean but that has different meaning to different people. Not trying to be critical, but we don't have much to go on to determine a value, and "clean" might mean "somewhat worn but clean" or "sparkly clean like the day it came off the line". If you put some money and time into the brakes and engine to get it operational, it will be money well spent. I'd really like to see more photos of the Polara, and also the Coronet.

OK. I'm next (what did you all expect?).
1. It could be a 1of 1, and nobody can realistically say unless there's a ton of pics of Inside, outside, and underneath.
I'll start at $5k andyou convince me to go up to what you've been told.
2. Then I will start at $15k, and work my way down.
We'll settle on the higher figure.

BTW, I'm already liking the car a LOT! :eek:s_dancing2:

Minuses:
1965. Too many one year only stuff.

Plusses:
It's a 426 wedge 1965 one year only stuff.

Hello from Minnesota!

Agreed that fixing the brakes and get it running will get more for it. A guy has a 66 Monaco 383/727 "Arizona rust free body clean interior needs paint runs drive" for $1400. Of course someone else has a 66 Polara 4 door 383/727 decent shape body and paint interior asking $4000. Just depends on who you are I guess. Your car sounds a little bit different than the norm.

This was my reply to his inquiry on another forum:

"This should give you a ball park.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Ca...Hardtop/Values

As it sits, I would say it is worth around the "Low" valuation; $5-$6K because it hasn't been fired in some time and it isn't drivable. If you can get it running and drivable, you'd probably be looking somewhere between Average and Low; $8-$9K."

i'm giving you an honest assessment based on the pics so please don't take any offense. The interior looks okay, definitely not #1 condition. The carpet is faded and appears to be stained on the passenger's side. On the front seat, what's the discoloration? Is it a stain or just dirt? The dash and gauges, although clean, are also not #1. I stand by my valuation above. Current condition, $5-$6K, mechanically sound and drivable, $8-$9K. A very nice C Body. These cars just don't bring the money their A, B and E body cousins do.

Hello and welcome! Nice car. The main reason it caught my attention is because I have a '65 Monaco with the same motor, although mine has a 4 speed. I agree with most comments....it will not bring a ton of money. Rarity and desirability often do not go hand in hand. I appreciate the car more so for the motor. 426 Wedges are not at the top of the heap performance wise but they are neat in the fact that less then 5000 were ever made. That is about half the production of the Hemi. So all in all, a car with a factory 426 Wedge is a fairly rare car, more so with a 4 speed than an automatic, but rare still the same. If somebody wants to be different (I like to be), this should be a car of interest to them. Good luck in finding her a good home.

I'd really like to see more photos of the Polara, and also the Coronet.

Don't have too many of the coronet at the moment. Original 1965 426 street wedge 440 4 speed car. It is fairly rough. Father owned it since 1966. The body is rough, but good news is I have a ton of parts for it. New trunk lid, all chrome, basically 30+ years of gathering parts to restore it including setup for max wedge intake, exhaust manifold, heads, and more.. too many parts to list along with more E body sheet metal than I know what to do with. Here are a few pics of this stuff. I'll be offering this up for sale in a different forum - may drag it out to Columbus next month.

Back