Hello from Finland

FURY ! WAGON

Reaction score
Hi from Arctic Circlem Rovaniemi, Finland
Heres my Fury I Wagon. Slant six 3 speed model.
Used as a funeral car first 20 years of its life in North Finland.
Not driven in 12 years, but this summer its going to move again.
Very original condition, interested in few parts:
- blue front seat bench upholstery
- spare tire cover
Anybody have and willing to send to Finland?
my email: japetik@gmail.com

272006_10150276459818846_967556_o.jpg

Hei,
I hope all is well.

Recommend you reach out to SMS fabrics - smsautofabrics.com

Or call them at (503) 263-3535

If you go to their site, you can request samples to ensure the material is correct.

They can send you the fabric in yards so you can either do it yourself or provide to an upholsterer.

They can also make the cover, but anticipate a long wait. The fabric is usually quicker.

Also, SMS can pretty much provide you anything else interior related - panels, carpet, headliner, etc.

OBTW, there are other Fins on this site. Finland is a large and beautiful country and I don’t know how far you are from South Savo, that’s where a forum member - Kaim is from.

Good luck with your Fury!

A neat car with an interesting history!

Also check out www.bbtr.de for the annual Chrysler-oriented event.

For years, there have been more Mopars in your part of Europe than you might have ever suspected.

Good luck,
CBODY67

Hei,
I hope all is well.

Recommend you reach out to SMS fabrics - smsautofabrics.com

Or call them at (503) 263-3535

If you go to their site, you can request samples to ensure the material is correct.

They can send you the fabric in yards so you can either do it yourself or provide to an upholsterer.

They can also make the cover, but anticipate a long wait. The fabric is usually quicker.

Also, SMS can pretty much provide you anything else interior related - panels, carpet, headliner, etc.

OBTW, there are other Fins on this site. Finland is a large and beautiful country and I don’t know how far you are from South Savo, that’s where a forum member - Kaim is from.

Good luck with your Fury!
Hi,
Yes I know about sms, but i would be satisfied with a good used one and only need upholstery for the sitting part of bench.
That cover can be hard to find, but i hope it pops up someday somewhere :)
Yes, Finland is a large country. I live in Rovaniemi, which at Arctic circle. South Savo is about 300-400 miles south from me, so its not so far. My daughter lives there too.
Heres few more pics. Have more pics on my phone, can upload later. Fury is after all in very good condition, and will drive this summer anyway.

aeg.jpg

5a77de63-00c8-47d7-b03b-38e3347df553.jpg

266852_10150276459938846_154543_o.jpg

280196_10150276459728846_624267_o.jpg

Hi from Chilton, Wisconsin USA, So, Is that how you found the car, just sitting in a field? You walked up to the nearest house and ask about car? Was the car new to the funeral home?, lets see more pix of interior and your fender tags... nice car!

Those Mopar slant sixes were reliable engines, not surprised it is still popping away. Love those old wagons too. My dad had a 67 Dodge wagon with a slant 6, so fond memories.

In Finland, hearses were typically American at least in the 1960s and 70s. For example, a really common hearse in the 1970s was the Dodge Coronet Wagon. They were used for many years.

Hi from Arctic Circlem Rovaniemi, Finland
Heres my Fury I Wagon. Slant six 3 speed model.
Used as a funeral car first 20 years of its life in North Finland.
Not driven in 12 years, but this summer its going to move again.
Very original condition, interested in few parts:
- blue front seat bench upholstery
- spare tire cover
Anybody have and willing to send to Finland?
my email: japetik@gmail.com

View attachment 661875
Great Wagon, congratulations. I have in Switzerland a 68 & 72 Monaco Station Wagon, was in Sweden at the meet in 2017 with my 68 Monaco SW. So, SMS have ALL things, BUT you have to wait months..months and another month (I waited 13months for only material Leather and Vinyl). But if waiting is ok, it is worth. One member told you about the bbtr (boats by the river) and that is a great meeting but only (and only) for Fuselages (69-73 C-Bodies). I go there with my 72 Monaco. Greetings and good luck all the way. Isabel

Back