Hello,

1966 fury I

Reaction score
Hello, My name is Ron and I have been a long time C-body fan. My whole family even grand dad have been exclusively large Mopar people for years. Pretty much engrained in the head now and no chance of changing. I am the new proud owner of our handed down always garaged, 140,000 mi. one owner family (moms) 66 Fury 1 2-dr sedan that we purchased new. I Still remember sitting in the back seat while driving out of the dealer with it. I look forward to participating in the forum.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Post up some pics, I know we'd all love to see it.

Thank's, and sorry for the delay of posting. I just realized I registered over a year ago. I didn't think the registration originally took and didn't find the site again until just now. Will do on the pictures once I get the vehicle out of inside storage. I will be submitting pic's then. Since my mom's passing and obtaining it, I have moved the Fury out to where I am located and plan on getting it running from being a long time stored. I would like to drive it a lot this summer. Bare with me on the pic's. I will post some once I get it out and start getting it ready for a new life. I just wanted to chime in for now. Thanks for the welcome.

128-10-1-1366312993efyadZ.gif

My former '66 Fury I - 440 4 spd.

stan.jpg

128-10-1-1366312993efyadZ.gif

My former '66 Fury I - 440 4 spd.

stan.jpg
That's a beauty Commando, Just like ours. Only difference is that it has the light blue metallic. body with skirts, full wheel covers and bumper guards with a two-tone blue int.. Yours is very nice. How long has it been since you had it? I will definately get some up of mine once I get it out for this season.

Thanks Commando, Nice Fury 1 you posted. It is sure a beauty. How long has it been since you sold it? Ours looks pretty much the same only difference being a light metallic blue ext. and two tone blue interior with whitewalls, full fury wheel covers, Fender skirts and bumpers guards. This car replaced our 58 Plymouth silver streak 2-door sedan(red) with silver top and strange trim on the sides. I understand it was a spring dealer trim and paint special. Yes our family was frugle in the early days of bringing up 4 kids..... Thankfully it did change later on with better optioned cars...

Thanks Commando, Nice Fury 1 you posted. It is sure a beauty. How long has it been since you sold it?
I believe it was about 6 years ago I sold it. Went north to the Central States but I don't recall exactly.
This one was a base stripper right down to the radio delete.

Yes ours is base stripper too. 318 poly 3 on the tree. We had the radio delete plate when the car was new but dad had negotiated at the time of purchase to have an A.M. radio installed. We had to wait for the dealer to get it in about 3-4 weeks after, then we took the car into the dealer for the technician to install it. It was a dealer radio and not the trans audio A.M. most furys had. Even the dealer antenna base was different looking than the other Plymouths of that year. We had the original radio and clock block off plate they removed from the car hanging on a garage wall nail all through the 60's then in one of our seasonal spring garage clean outs around 71 dad decided we didn't need to keep it around anymore and into the trash it went. (along with some of my bike stuff). Had I new then what I know now, I would have kept it and hid it in the trunk somewhere. I would like to find another plate to return it to the stock condition that we initially received it with. Was your 440/4spd car stock or was the 440/4spd installed later?

Welcome. I think Stan and me are about the only ones who would prefer a two door sedan over a convert. :)
Very unusual order, I guess basic transportation was the main idea behind this, even more unusual to still have the car in the family, as my guess would be the average buyer of these models thought of it as some kind of appliance to replace sooner or later with a newer model.

Not my family, its seems like vehicles were only replaced if absolutely needed to be. For some reason she never wanted to trade it in for any of dads cars he later purchased. She was so used to driving it and had no reason to trade it in. I even received their old 64 salamander Electrolux vacuum with all attachments. I have been using it regularly with no issues. Very powerful I might add. Will most likely outlast me. and yes still looks new. Ha.

Last edited:
Well that certainly was a definite upgrade, I can't imagine it was easy but sounds like it was well worth the effort. Nice car.

Back