Hello

I need to keep a spare box in the trunk.
Been saying that at least ten years.
Someday it will bite me in the *** at the worst possible time....

In 98 % of these occasions a part that you don't have with you will fail. I don't even carry tools except for the ones that came with the car for changing a tire since day one and had only two fails in 25 years that kept me stranded; one was an ignition computer of an 83 BMW-Alpina, the other one timing gears of a 61 Opel; both things you don't carry with you or can be changed on the roadside. I still keep my faith in my old iron plus very thorough service and inspection. :)

Last edited:
I had a orange box fail at the gas pumps at to pilot on route 11 in carlise a few years ago. got a ride to auto zone (advance didn't have one go figure) in a 68 Imperial rode to the auto parts in style.

I had a orange box fail at the gas pumps at to pilot on route 11 in carlise a few years ago. got a ride to auto zone (advance didn't have one go figure) in a 68 Imperial rode to the auto parts in style.
Nice! Yea, AAP & AZ are right next to each other at that intersection I think. Damn good thing too, I had to pick up extra coolant there on the way out last yr.

Two years ago I had to swap a radiator for an '89 LeBaron at the maintainance building just inside gate 3. It took Advance Auto Parts 3 trys to get me the right one and I kept pointing to the correct one on their computer screen, AAARRRGGGHHHH BRAIN DEAD CASH REGESTER BANGERS! Yeah ever see that commercial where the ole' lady throws a bad tire through the window of the Discount Tire store? That threat was made to that kid if the 3rd one was wrong! Jer

Nice! Yea, AAP & AZ are right next to each other at that intersection I think. Damn good thing too, I had to pick up extra coolant there on the way out last yr.
EVERY intersection is laid out like this:

i1zjfn.jpg

See.......it is a good idea to have essential parts in the trunk. That would be terrible to have your beauty sitting on the side of the road even for a minute while you are looking for an ignition module. I had a new "shiny performance coil" fail on Route 40 in a heavy traffic area last year.
And so goes the old adage, "Chrome don't get ya home!"

Bullitt_096Pyxurz.jpg

Like that avatar. Bill Hickman, great stunt driver.

Bullitt_096Pyxurz.jpg

he has that look in that picture like most of us do checking for police before or after we did something

In 98 % of these occasions a part that you don't have with you will fail. I don't even carry tools except for the ones that came with the car for changing a tire since day one and had only two fails in 25 years that kept me stranded; one was an ignition computer of an 83 BMW-Alpina, the other one timing gears of a 61 Opel; both things you don't carry with you or can be changed on the roadside. I still keep my faith in my old iron plus very thorough service and inspection. :)

I always take basic tools to Carlisle but never had spare parts... I got lucky this time around

I think the Auto Zone is new there, I dont remember seeing it until this year

I think the Auto Zone is new there, I dont remember seeing it until this year
I thought I remember seeing it there last year, but I'm not totally sure. Maybe it is new. Damn, we wait 12 months to drive down that road (rt.11) towards mopar heaven and then in an instant its all over and here we are again savoring the memories and counting down again. Just doesn't seem fair.

Mark should know when that AZ opened for business.

Comments Mark?

I thought I remember seeing it there last year, but I'm not totally sure. Maybe it is new. Damn, we wait 12 months to drive down that road (rt.11) towards mopar heaven and then in an instant its all over and here we are again savoring the memories and counting down again. Just doesn't seem fair.

Thats why I said slow it down boys before the show, not that it would help but it is the quickest 96 hours of the year for me.

I have been saying that. It is IMPOSSIBLE to see the show in four days, let alone two days. Too much to see and do

Back