Help with wheel removal

I cant recall any car where you can pull the rear wheels without letting the axle drop down. I'm sure there are exceptions but none of them were cars that I handled.

86 Dodge Omni Glhs lol..

Nice car, love the color!

nice car...cant remember seeing a shaved 4dr ...l like
Thank you, it's bit different but a fun cruiser for sure. The only issue I have is that the doors have manual locks so if you lock the doors good luck getting them open again without a slimjim...trust me the wife loves that party trick.

I forgot to add that you own a very nice looking Fury! what is under the "bonnet" as they say over the pond? Love to see more pics of your Fury III
Thank you for that, I do enjoy taking her out when I have the time. She currently only has a slant 6 but that may change depending on if I find a 383 I want to play with. As for photos I'll link you to my first post where I did a walk around with her
New Member 66 Fury III

I cant recall any car where you can pull the rear wheels without letting the axle drop down. I'm sure there are exceptions but none of them were cars that I handled.
You could on my '62 New Yorker with stock wheels. That's where I learned this little necessity; once I put larger wheels on the car I had to let the axle drop. Same with the '79 Cordoba I had.

Thank you for that, I do enjoy taking her out when I have the time. She currently only has a slant 6 but that may change depending on if I find a 383 I want to play with. As for photos I'll link you to my first post where I did a walk around with her
New Member 66 Fury III
That car has a slant six and you want to make it look like every other 383 car? No!!! Your car is much more unique with the leaning tower of power in it. Just my opinion....

I wouldn't
say "Only a slant 6" guys over the years have really made them go really well. Have you investigated hop ups for the 6? That engine is very strong. Mopar had many hop up parts at least years ago. Some supercharged them!

Last edited:
To be fair I have thought about maybe playing around with the stock engine to get a bit more out of it. As of now she's pretty slow and it would be nice to have more power just to have that much more fun.

I have looked around but I'm open to suggestions as to what to do next. I've seen the offenhauser intake at summit but I've heard nothing about it on this site whether or not its worth it.

They can be built rather well! Here are two that were in the March Meets some years back at Famoso Raceway.
IMG_4164.JPG
IMG_4177.JPG

I've known a couple of guys with hopped up slants, doesn't seem like a worthwhile proposition to me. Spend a bunch of money on speed parts that nobody else wants just to get the same or less performance as a stock V8. Unless you have a really light weight car, the performance just isn't there. Not to mention they sound terrible IMHO. I think you're on the right track with a 383.
Travis..

Back