Herb's Parts - Need Interior Color Paint

RKC

Reaction score
Did another company purchase Herb's Parts? He had spray paint for Dodge, Plymouth and Chrysler interior colors available. Does anyone know who has those colors available? Thanks!

They are available at this link:

Herb's Parts: C-BODY

I am not sure why you are asking why another company might have purchased them? Herb's paints are a subsidiary of AMS Obsolete parts now, probably the largest supplier of nos original Chrysler parts in the world. If you want a really rare nos Chrysler part, if AMS obsolete doesn't have it, probably no one does.

Mike owns the companies and he is excellent to work with and I have known him for many years now.

Their paint is dead on correct in all the interior colors for all of my early Chrysler models - it amazes me how they can be so correct every time. You will be pleased.

Last edited:
Either something is wrong with their website or my 300 has the Dom Perignon of interior colors.

Screenshot_20230609_215931_Brave.jpg

They are available at this link:

Herb's Parts: C-BODY

I am not sure why you are asking why another company might have purchased them? Herb's paints are a subsidiary of AMS Obsolete parts now, probably the largest supplier of nos original Chrysler parts in the world. If you want a really rare nos Chrysler part, if AMS obsolete doesn't have it, probably no one does.

Mike owns the companies and he is excellent to work with and I have known him for many years now.

Their paint is dead on correct in all the interior colors for all of my early Chrysler models - it amazes me how they can be so correct every time. You will be pleased.
Agree, Mike is a great guy to work with. He bought Frank Mitchell’s business and Herbs later, plus a few others.

I have the 66 “metallic red” interior, but the cowl vent panels, window trim surround and lower dash panel are all different shades of red than the vinyl. How do I figure out the correct shades for those three items?

I have the 66 “metallic red” interior, but the cowl vent panels, window trim surround and lower dash panel are all different shades of red than the vinyl. How do I figure out the correct shades for those three items?
I would suspect that over the years and exposure to sun, the shades of the various parts have faded/changed but that the original interior was usually pretty uniform. I am mostly familiar with the fuselage vehicles and those generally were uniform in color so you might want to give them (Mike) a call to inquire about this is about all I can suggest.

The Slabs had about 3 different shades of colors for the interior. In 68 they are listed in the back of the service manual. For my car (red interior). I have Aztec Maroon metallic suede, rebel red metallic and then a couple different vinyl colors that complement the paint.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back