Here's one for the books. Formal dash in a fusie?

Why Sortinly! Tomorrow I put the lower valance in after I connect a couple ofthings like the seats, tach, Air fuel meter, and run power to the window switches. The valance will take little time to do.

Speaking of Bob, what's up with him. How's he doing?

I'm doing good. I just finished a 2 week trip to Wisconsin/NYC/DC. I was fortunate to get some parts for the NY'er from Newp (Thanks Mike!) on a slight detour in Indiana. I got 6 of the 8 door panels, a dash pad, window switches and some odd and ends. Haven't been able to put anything on yet. The weather has been terrible here the last couple of weeks.

Besides coming up with a permanent fix for the wiper cam, my next major project will be the heat & A/C rebuild.

Roger...............
No, I said Bob...

captainOveur.jpg

captainOveur.jpg

Speaking of Bob, what's up with him. How's he doing?

OK I guess. Haven't talked to him much. He got a real job, bought a real house, and Mommy is moving the Mass. What's the world coming too? Next he'll be dating. LOL

Well You asked for it, and it's been a long time coming.

the dash is fully functional except for the speedo. I have to change the cable. If it ever stops raining. . .

Hey! What goes in the opening at the left knee?

100_0157.JPG

Outstanding Work! My 78 NY'er doesn't have an opening there. It's just a solid piece.

Thanks. It's very close to what I imagined too. I figured it out on stans white car the last time I was down there.

I'm going to finish up the mechanicals and electrics, then focus on the pillar trims. The inner half fits perfectly. The outer half may need som alterations. At the end of the dash there is a big opening I have to make a plate for. As long as the ldoors are closed, you can't see them. I'm thinking of making a sheetmetal plate and covering it with dacron and vinyl.

Polaraco said:
Well You asked for it, and it's been a long time coming.

the dash is fully functional except for the speedo. I have to change the cable. If it ever stops raining. . .

Hey! What goes in the opening at the left knee?

On Newports, its for the e-brake hand release. NYB's. don't have have one cuz the e-brake releases automatically when you take it out of PARK.
Another &%$#-ing brilliant Rube Goldberg design by acid tripping Chrysler engineers in the 70's.
Been looking for the release lever and dash bezel for myself.

Sent using Forum Runner

Oh Boy!

I have to figure out a way of filling that

I might have the e brake

Oh Boy!

I have to figure out a way of filling that

I might have the e brake

A courtesy lamp fits nicely into that hole....

boat-courtesy-lights-led-for-exterior-lighting-chrome-finishing-26402-212015.jpg

I'd just get a plastic lid or something, paint it to match, and stick it on over the hole. Tell everyone it's a factory delete plate for the rare optional afterburner switch.

3082psku.jpg

boat-courtesy-lights-led-for-exterior-lighting-chrome-finishing-26402-212015.jpg

3082psku.jpg

Last edited:
How did you dye that dash pad. It looks factory original.

I went to the paint store with the dash pad and glove box door. They mixed me a flat and a low gloss aerosol. Actually it too 3 cans to do the metal and 2 to do the pad. And I need one more can of flat.

If you are going to paint the vinyl, you need to use a special vinyl cleaner made by SEM. It cleans everything, even in the grain. It's supposed to enhance adhesion too. Don't paint when it's hot out or humid. It dries pretty fast and can either not flow out, or blush.

If you have a spray gun, you're better off with that. The shakers stink. Live and learn I guess

UPDATE

Drove it to shake it out. Nothing needed on the work completed so far. I still have a few items to mess with, but it's prepped for them. I still have to electrically hook up the AC. I have a high low switch in it so it deviates from the original wiring. The high cycles the compressor. I am going to bring a feed to a relay and use the fact wire as a trigger. Break the ground at the high low switch. I am moving some courtesy lights from the old dash to this one too to light up the floor. The gauges will consist of oil pressure, volts and air/fuel ratio meter. It actually runs like it should now. It was getting a bit routey

Last major item is the window switches, some gauges and the warning lamps I am installing for the pooter system.

I love the new sound system

very interesting thread. 1978 NYB I did sent you a PM regarding your wiper cam issue. If anyone else needs some esoteric part from the El Paso car let me know it is unbelievably clean and complete. Dave las Cruces NM

NYB's. don't have have one cuz the e-brake releases automatically when you take it out of PARK.
Another &%$#-ing brilliant Rube Goldberg design by acid tripping Chrysler engineers

Sent using Forum Runner[/QUOTE]

Is that the reason I can't set the E Brake in neutral? Or that another problem I can add to the list?

Back