Here's one for the books. Formal dash in a fusie?

very interesting thread. 1978 NYB I did sent you a PM regarding your wiper cam issue. If anyone else needs some esoteric part from the El Paso car let me know it is unbelievably clean and complete. Dave las Cruces NM

PM and email sent.

Thanks Dave!

1978 NYB said:
NYB's. don't have have one cuz the e-brake releases automatically when you take it out of PARK.
Another &%$#-ing brilliant Rube Goldberg design by acid tripping Chrysler engineers

Sent using Forum Runner

Is that the reason I can't set the E Brake in neutral? Or that another problem I can add to the list?[/QUOTE]

Yep. You can only set it in PARK.
Have you found the hidden lever to manually release it yet?

Sent using Forum Runner

Last edited:
Is that the reason I can't set the E Brake in neutral? Or that another problem I can add to the list?

Yep. You can only set it in PARK.
Have you found the hidden lever to manually release it yet?

I guess I'll have to chock the wheels and then put it in nuetral to check txsm fluid level.

Sent using Forum Runner[/QUOTE]

Wow! Just amazing!

:sSig_goodjob:

I lied.

I have to get the cornering lights working and connect the cruise control to power. That harness didn't have cornering lights. I ran the wires though.

Since I have 3 fuse panels, I figured I'd put the factory one behind that hole and make a cover. No Stan. . No coffee can lids. LOL

I started on the console. Bob, the upholstery guy, is dropping off some green vinyl tomorrow. Stan remembers the old one, this one is cut down and shortened so it will fit on the hump and not interfere with the glove box. I should be able to remove the lower valance on the dash with it in place. I think I mentioned it's getting just the gauges, the warning lamps and gauges. It was stuffed before. Moved the radio up to the dash where it belongs. I can do it in this dash. Well I did it. You know

I guess I'll have to chock the wheels and then put it in nuetral to check txsm fluid level.
What's wrong with checking the fluid while in PARK?. I disagree with those that say there's a significant enough of a difference. It's so small you're talking about 1/2 a pint. 40 years of pulling a dipstick hasn't convinced me otherwise.

What's wrong with checking the fluid while in PARK?. I disagree with those that say there's a significant enough of a difference. It's so small you're talking about 1/2 a pint. 40 years of pulling a dipstick hasn't convinced me otherwise.

I agree. And I check it in park. As long as it's on level ground and up to normal operating temperature I don't think being in neutral is a big deal.

I still think this was the most stupid project I've ever seen. Right behind "Insane-mission".:icon_fU:
:rolling:

Now, if we can only get Lea to finish BOAB,,,

There were some gains if you step back.

The Dash Pads don't crack that much, the dash is more modern, the AC/heater system is miles ahead of the 72 version. The wiring, while complicated, is improved in some areas. No bulk head connector. That and it seems to me someone said it couldn't be done. LOL PPPPPPPPFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTT

The end result is it runs allot better than it did because the ECU is now getting full voltage

I still think this was the most stupid project I've ever seen. Right behind "Insane-mission".:icon_fU:
:rolling:

Now, if we can only get Lea to finish BOAB,,,
Yep...The poor BoaB is still waiting for bodywork. Which is not my strongest point.
Everything else is done,and I can put her back together after paint.
Plus life has thrown a few curveballs at me and put the car on hold for now.
My wife is slowly killing the Phord after crashing the 300C..
I bought a K car to deliver pizza's in it to make some extra moolah.
Dodge400003.jpg

Dodge400002.jpg

Back on topic,Steve you are doing a great job always proving that the craziest most impossible things can be done to our cars.
Ya shoulda been a Chrysler engineer...

Stan Yer killin me. LOL :poke:

Haven't been around much and haven't driven it much either, but it's running great now. No AC yet, so it's nights only. I forgot I have a few holes I need to plug in the floor and firewall too.

I did start the console mods. I used the original cousole from 5 years ago. Cut it down 3" and shortened it another three. It was wrapped in vinyl, but I had some carpet left over. Too bad the rest is all faded. I need to replace it anyway.

The gauges are where the radio used to be

100_0162.JPG

I can"t wait to see the console finished. You do great work!

Back