Here's something you don't see every day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
l remember a huge ugly looking ford at Calgary drag races man it was big and it was ugly...he smoked everyone easly that night...have learned to never assume...

l remember a huge ugly looking ford at Calgary drag races man it was big and it was ugly...he smoked everyone easly that night...have learned to never assume...

Oh, I'm sure it will get along if it's built and tuned right! Dual quad 440 with nitrous? Plenty of potential. Just thinking the same engine in an A or E might have been a little easier to turn the same times. I mainly pointed it out as an unusual starting point. A/B/E body drag cars show up an awful lot. And I've seen mid-60s Fury drag cars. Don't think I'd ever seen an Imperial with a chute.

Now where's that old School supposed to be located where this dragcar came from ?

I bet that car never did a single pass down the strip. One of the customs from the 90's that was made to look like a drag car, but only run to the car show and back. ;)

I want it! LOL!!

Parachute.... If that thing went 150 in 1320 I'll pay double the asking price.

It wouldn't go 150 mph if you dropped if off a cliff! LOL!

I hear you Bob! LOL!! What's terminal velocity on a 4,700 pound car???

All joking aside, I'd like to see the car firsthand...

I hear you Bob! LOL!! What's terminal velocity on a 4,700 pound car???

Looks like he had alter quite a bit of the back half to get those tires under it. I would like to see pictures of the undercarriage and trunk to see what and how he chopped it up. LOL!

Terminal velocity of a 4,700 pound car, or a ten pound car are exactly the same. About 120 mph.

All joking aside, I'd like to see the car firsthand...

You might be onto something, Matt. If this was a mid-90s show car conversion vs a real race car and the hacking for the rear was on the external metal vs internal tubbing, it might not be so bad. The dash looks unmolested, at least on the driver's side, and if it was garaged/trailered by past 20 years, it could have a straight, rust-free body once you strip off the (to me) gaudy paint, parachute, and fill the holes from the spoiler. I laughed at first, but who knows what really might be hiding in that garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back