Hey folks!

First of all,
THANKS, for all the interesting posts! ;)
And sorry, i got sick, and that's the reason i answer this late.

@70FuselageImperial : Very good attitude! Which cars did you own yet?
And do you still have some pictures of the Early-Mopars of your father.

@1978NYB : PreWar-Studebaker's are damn nice cars indeed! ;)
Do you still remember all the BB-Mopars of your father? 71' Wagon? :O Pictures, please?^^

@commando1 : Well, you could have made a decision worse than this. Mopar or no car!

@Caper : Thanks! This would be way to cool! I would like to own one these cars, but it isn't really easy^^ Nobody in my family has a passion for old cars. I don't even know how I got so much interest into old cars, especially american cars.

I blame my father on my being a Mopar man.
Oh, how he loved green/green sedan C-bodies...
There have been days I swear and curse on why couldn't he have been normal and be a Chevy man.

He was/is obviously much wiser than you could imagine. Chevy fans tend to be mindless followers and do and say whatever seems popular.

A guy that I went to school with was preaching his Chevy crap to me once and said he could rebuild his Chevy 3 times for what it cost to rebuild a Chrysler once, and I replied that I don't want to rebuild my car for a hobby, I want to drive it... that's why I drive Chryslers.

Last edited:
I was on the edge of being a Ford guy. Dad only owned one Mopar , I hated it..................at first. No one had any idea what they were creating when that 71 Polara came home in 75.

My bosses son was at our shop one afternoon with one of his wrists wrapped up and was talking about some minor glitches in his Ford pickup. I told him that wasn't the worst thing about owning a Ford, it was evidently changing him physically (while making a limp wrist gesture). He replied with a pissy tone that he still had one good wrist and I quickly replied that he had better trade it off fast then. He couldn't help but giggle and mutter obscenities.

Last edited:
My Mother didn't start driving until after my brother and I were driving. I had the SuperBee and a couple of years later my brother got his first car, 1973 Duster, 340 Magnum with a console Torqueflite. My mother was digging the Mopar's and got her driver's license and bought my brother's Duster. My brother bought a 1969 Dart, 340 Magnum, 10.5 pistons and 2.02 heads.

Bob, this story just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I like the dedication in your family.

My Dad owned a mix of everything through the years and his favorites were the '55-56 Packards and the Chrysler products.

One brother is a Mopar guy, the next a mix of GM and Mopar (had a 68 Firebird, '71 Grand Prix and a '70 Sport Fury) and the next has a mix...'56 Packard 400, '75 SWB Power Wagon, and a '79 Excalibur (454 GM)... I have owned a mix, but 98.6% Mopar... and some Masseys...

My dad had a bunch of Mopars too: 63 Plymouth Fury, 66 Plymouth Fury, 65 Dodge Coronet, and a 70 Dodge Polara....all 318 cars, but still mopars. So its definitely in my blood.

Let's see... Yup... Aha... Yes... Of course... All is well here... Carry on.

I would like to own one these cars, but it isn't really easy^^ Nobody in my family has a passion for old cars. I don't even know how I got so much interest into old cars, especially american cars.

It doesn't matter how you became so wise, but keep at it, and you will develop a few favorites and eventually you will cross paths with the car that you want.

Good Luck Daniel. It's never too early to start. My daughter picked up a 68 Javelin when she was 8. It's quite the conversation piece. Her friends Dad is a mechanic by trade and has helped out with maintenance over the last few years.
68Javelin.jpg

Kool car Caper!
My dad retired from Chrysler Financial and was never in to cars before I came along and I'm the youngest of 5. I couldn't stop playing with the Matchbox cars when I was young and building models as I got a little older. Most of the models I built were Mopars except for the ones I built with the firecrackers already in them and the fuses all tied together. Big fun, that was! I'm not 100% sure why Mopar for me because I was the only one who made a big deal about cars in my family but all the cars we had through those imprint years had the pentastar on them so I'm sure that had everything to do with it. That and the neighbor kids accross the street from us used to spend there evenings working on what I thought was and still do think is the sweetest car ever, a `68 Charger. When the streetlights came on and it was time to come in, my parents always knew where to find me, sitting on the curb in front of the house looking at that car and I was only 4!

It doesn't matter how you became so wise, but keep at it, and you will develop a few favorites and eventually you will cross paths with the car that you want.

Thanks! I hope so! :) We'll see what will happen. Wish me luck.

Kool car Caper!
My dad retired from Chrysler Financial and was never in to cars before I came along and I'm the youngest of 5. I couldn't stop playing with the Matchbox cars when I was young and building models as I got a little older. Most of the models I built were Mopars except for the ones I built with the firecrackers already in them and the fuses all tied together. Big fun, that was! I'm not 100% sure why Mopar for me because I was the only one who made a big deal about cars in my family but all the cars we had through those imprint years had the pentastar on them so I'm sure that had everything to do with it. That and the neighbor kids accross the street from us used to spend there evenings working on what I thought was and still do think is the sweetest car ever, a `68 Charger. When the streetlights came on and it was time to come in, my parents always knew where to find me, sitting on the curb in front of the house looking at that car and I was only 4!

That's a damn nice story! Do you still remember some details?

That's a damn nice story! Do you still remember some details?

Just visually. My first memories of the car it was red with a silver fade that excentuated the cars bodylines and then shortly before we moved in `76 it was painted black. I do also remember that it sounded pretty mean.

What cars your family owned when you were a kid can really influence your vehicle choices later in life, for good or bad.

My dad was initially a Ford man, having 1955, '56, '59, and '61 Fords when I was little. I was born in '56 and really only remember the last 2 of those although I do remember the '56 slightly, a yellow/black Crown Vic. Then he went to GM in the '60s and owned a series of Pontiacs, Chevys and Oldsmobiles. He bought the '71 Monaco new and that was his only Mopar until he bought a couple of K-cars in the '80s.

The '60s GMs are why I have my '68 Cutlass and the '71 Monaco is why I'm here.

Kool car Caper!

Matt, thats cool! BTW, I had to come in when the street lights came on too!

First of all,
THANKS, for all the interesting posts! ;)
And sorry, i got sick, and that's the reason i answer this late.

@70FuselageImperial : Very good attitude! Which cars did you own yet?
And do you still have some pictures of the Early-Mopars of your father.

Unfortunately I never got to own any of them as the were all loooong gone by the time I started driving. Plus, all of them were bought as "trade-ins" and so by the time they came home with him they were already a few years old. I liked the Polara the best b/c it had orange turn signal indicators on top of the fenders. My brother and I called them "blinkers" and we always tried to count the number of "blinks" that occurred when we were out tooling around,lol. When I was finally able to start driving I took it upon myself to get my own mopars.

I had to come in when the street lights came on too!

I had to be in for dinner when I heard the six o'clock fire siren. " Dusk" seemed to be the later choice for after dinner times....lucky for me that was a bit vague and open to interpretation .

@detmatt : Well, for me it sounds like the car got misshapen during the 80's ..:(

@70FuselageImperial : lol! In Germany we call them "Blinker" too! ;)

@polara71 : :D Good idea. I'll keep this strategy in mind!

Back