hey guys

Reaction score
new to c body forums but not mopar forums. been a member of fbbo for about 5 months now, just getting onto here after having a 1970 new yorker for about 2 weeks now... i dont officially own it yet but i do maintain possession as i pay it off. i mainly bought it for the 440 and 727 as back ups for my 67 charger which has both in it as well. currently undecided what i want to do. im leaning towards bringing the new yorker back to life as well as the charger but for financial reasons ive been entertaining parting it out as well. havent made a decision yet, but we will see what happens. for now im here to keep an eye out for ideas, share my rides with yall and to see what goes on for pricing and what not. no matter what happens i will be putting some work into the new yorker so i can enjoy it for a little bit while i make up my mind. id hate to part it out but the charger is my priority and i could use some stuff out of the new yorker in the mean time to get the charger rolling. IMG_1701.jpgIMG_1702.jpgIMG_1703.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Thanks guys unfortunately im going to have to part it out to fund something else that popped up, im a vet who needs a service dog which i have the dog but gotta pay for the service training after my other trainer who was going to do it at no cost other than gas to drive to her stopped returning my emails so yeah thats where im at. Virtually the whole car is for sale minus the motor and tranny and some engine bay components so if yall need anything let me know. The car came to me complete but isnt in tip top shape, seats need a good amount of love but the rest in my opinion is work able, i can message pics to anyone interested, if there is even anyone interested... It kills me to do this it really does i was planning on saying screw the resale value and restore it anyways til this happened

+1 dont destroy a good car

+1 dont be a flipper

+1 that charger is WAAAY far away from being on the road.. all you are gonna have is 2 broke *** cars in your yard

Yeah i did post that on facebook because i really want to keep the motor and tranny, ill keep the rest of the car together and sell as is for 750 obo

The body has rust, its still restorable but its a 4 door so the car holds very little value, so i figured no one would want it lacking the motor and tranny, yes your right there are other motors out there but i already have these so im not going to let them go and run the risk of having to pay something equvilaent to the price i said so yes, i said 6500 because i dont plan on sellling them and thats the price i put on wm to actually get them out of me lol. The seats are all torn up so i figured people would only wany the dash area components. Not being a "flipper" i dont necessarily care how much i sell the stuff for as long as i can pay for my dogs training. So sorry you dont agree with what im doing thats your opinion and your free to have your opinion but dont try and make me seem like im just out to make money, that is far from the case. Oh and also as for the chaeger you dont have a clue what your talking about because ive already gound 90% of what it needed, im down to just a steering column front bumper grille bars and shifter to get it driveable. Just because i shared those pics doesnt mean anything lol. Those pics were from april when i picked it up, i have since bought a bunch of other things that i havent installed yet. Just because you see something doesnt mean its as it appears... Thank you i hope you have a great day friends.

I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations. This isn't fbbo where c bodys are only thought of for there drivetrain... And 6,500 for a stone stock engine, and trans that hasn't worked in who knows how long is nuts...

The body has rust, its still restorable but its a 4 door so the car holds very little value, so i figured no one would want it lacking the motor and tranny, yes your right there are other motors out there but i already have these so im not going to let them go and run the risk of having to pay something equvilaent to the price i said so yes, i said 6500 because i dont plan on sellling them and thats the price i put on wm to actually get them out of me lol. The seats are all torn up so i figured people would only wany the dash area components. Not being a "flipper" i dont necessarily care how much i sell the stuff for as long as i can pay for my dogs training. So sorry you dont agree with what im doing thats your opinion and your free to have your opinion but dont try and make me seem like im just out to make money, that is far from the case. Oh and also as for the chaeger you dont have a clue what your talking about because ive already gound 90% of what it needed, im down to just a steering column front bumper grille bars and shifter to get it driveable. Just because i shared those pics doesnt mean anything lol. Those pics were from april when i picked it up, i have since bought a bunch of other things that i havent installed yet. Just because you see something doesnt mean its as it appears... Thank you i hope you have a great day friends.

Actually both the motor and trans work just fine i drove the car from the p/o's house to my buddies house. But i think you missed the point of everything i said lol. i dont even know where the whole expectation thing just came from haha. I dont know how much more simple i can make it. I love the car wish i didnt have to get rid of it in any sort of way but i need the money to take care of my medical related stuff and my bill with the va as well as other bills. Im keeping the motor so i put out an astronomical selling price for it and the tranny to deter any one else from asking me about it, just like when people ask me how much i want for my charger i tell em 80 grand cuz its not for sale. Is that plain and simple enough for you? Or should i break it down barney style some more for you, although i think its as broke down as i can get it... Lol your not interested thats fine you dont like what im doing, quite frankly neither do i but im caught between a rock and a hard place so it is what it is. You clearly have to much time on your hands to concern yourself with what im doing. Let me ask you this, havent you ever been caught in a situation where you had to make a decision you didnt want to make? If you say no your a damn liar either that or your independently wealthy lol.

If time is such a concern maybe you should sell the car complete with its drivetrain, and let someone else enjoy it.

Actually both the motor and trans work just fine i drove the car from the p/o's house to my buddies house. But i think you missed the point of everything i said lol. i dont even know where the whole expectation thing just came from haha. I dont know how much more simple i can make it. I love the car wish i didnt have to get rid of it in any sort of way but i need the money to take care of my medical related stuff and my bill with the va as well as other bills. Im keeping the motor so i put out an astronomical selling price for it and the tranny to deter any one else from asking me about it, just like when people ask me how much i want for my charger i tell em 80 grand cuz its not for sale. Is that plain and simple enough for you? Or should i break it down barney style some more for you, although i think its as broke down as i can get it... Lol your not interested thats fine you dont like what im doing, quite frankly neither do i but im caught between a rock and a hard place so it is what it is. You clearly have to much time on your hands to concern yourself with what im doing. Let me ask you this, havent you ever been caught in a situation where you had to make a decision you didnt want to make? If you say no your a damn liar either that or your independently wealthy lol.

Dude. I might need the motor out of it hence why im so dead set about keeping it. Thats also why im willing to sell the rest of it as is with out drivetrain and radiator.

Back