Holley Carb information

traintech55

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Trying to get some information on an old Holley carb I have had laying around. It is a 3918 carb off a 1968 440. I need to know if it is a 4150 or 4160 and what cfm rating it is. I can't find it on Holley's site, and got tired of sitting on hold for two hours. Any help would be appreciated.
Bill

I am not an expert, but a while back I was watching an old Chrysler video and it said that you can identify a 4150 by the use of two metering blocks and dual gas inlets, while a 4160 only has one fuel inlet and has a metering plate on the back.
Hope this helps,
77newyorker440

Without a rear metering block (4150), it should be a 4160. Not sure of the thorttle bore diameters, but usually the 1.56" carbs were 600cfm. Of course, the larger 1.69" carbs would be more.

Holley used to have a numeric listing of carb numbers and all of the parts that fit them. Metering spec items. Of course, these specs would be in the FSM for that model year, but not the Holley part numbers and such. Kind of a condensed Variable Spec Manual of sorts.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Trainwreck,, Here ya go: :p:p

R3918 Carburetor Info Page

4-220.jpg

Hello everyone,
Trying to get some information on an old Holley carb I have had laying around. It is a 3918 carb off a 1968 440. I need to know if it is a 4150 or 4160 and what cfm rating it is. I can't find it on Holley's site, and got tired of sitting on hold for two hours. Any help would be appreciated.
Bill
This is exact carb that has been on both of my 68 NYer's. I've been dealing with it since the 90's. It is a 4160. Stop looking in Holley's information because you're not going to find anything there on it. Per the FSM it is rated at 625 CFM. Just to make sure we are talking about the same carb by the bowl vent on the air horn there is another tube. In it is a left hand threaded screw.

This carb has the potential to run very well and get good mileage. In the 90's on a trip from TX to PA going about 90 most of the way I got 19MPG.

This is exact carb that has been on both of my 68 NYer's. I've been dealing with it since the 90's. It is a 4160. Stop looking in Holley's information because you're not going to find anything there on it. Per the FSM it is rated at 625 CFM. Just to make sure we are talking about the same carb by the bowl vent on the air horn there is another tube. In it is a left hand threaded screw.

This carb has the potential to run very well and get good mileage. In the 90's on a trip from TX to PA going about 90 most of the way I got 19MPG.
Thank you, trying to call Holley was more frustrating than living with my first wife.

Back