Holy Grail 1970 Dodge C-Body: ? What is it?

I have some photos of the car from before the restoration happened. When a previous owner ( Bill) had it for 17 years in his garage, that and a Bee. Bill had the car when he started to have a family and he tucked it away. After 17 years he realized it would never get done and decided to sell it. As I recall he was looking for $8500 for it, that had to be a dozen years ago.
I seem to be able to find many more 70s over 71s

true. I find way more 70s than 71s no matter if Polaras or Monacos.

Yes, I liked the car two when it was sitting in his garage in Michigan still having original paint. It looked great for me. But Tim the current owner has done a great Job in the restration and detailing

To me the Q code and EV2 are the coolest part of my 70. But i am biased. Unfortunetly the #'s engine is gone on my car. She has had a neglegted life before i got her.

I think MW owned the car after te Ohio names i had on the title as nobody ever retitled the car since the ohio title. Kind of amazed me as it sat around the KC area for quite a while. It was amazing when i was buying the 71 polara cop car south of KC I was sitting in the guys office at his "repair" shop and i spotted a superlite grille in the corner and he said bet you can't guess what that is. And i said ya a 70 superlite and he said he took it off a car his buddy had and it was an orange 70 polara vert. I told him i owned the car now and he called his buddy and yes it was the same car and it was my cars born with grille. It was broken and i have an nos one but it was cool to see it!

Very cool!!!!

true. I find way more 70s than 71s no matter if Polaras or Monacos.

Yes, I liked the car two when it was sitting in his garage in Michigan still having original paint. It looked great for me. But Tim the current owner has done a great Job in the restration and detailing

I have a 70 Monaco coupe that is burnt orange outside and inside with a white vinyl top, buckets, console, 440 matching, a/c and more, but every time I see Tim's car, I really would prefer his colors, and his is pretty much done. So doing mine waits a later position in my queue, being trumped by my 71 Monaco that is higher up on the list.

Did 69 Dodges have extra tinted windows? I remember that some early -90 Mopar Muscle Magazine had talking about -69 had extra tinted windows for hot climate States. But only like 10-15 sold, because price was too high. And those was banned for -70, because too dark.
Do i remember totally wrong, it was on that part where they talked rare etc cars. Govier?

I have a 70 Monaco coupe that is burnt orange outside and inside with a white vinyl top, buckets, console, 440 matching, a/c and more, but every time I see Tim's car, I really would prefer his colors, and his is pretty much done. So doing mine waits a later position in my queue, being trumped by my 71 Monaco that is higher up on the list.

I will take your 70

can i see a picture of this Beast? I am drooling.

Yrah, what he said

:mob:

Did 69 Dodges have extra tinted windows? I remember that some early -90 Mopar Muscle Magazine had talking about -69 had extra tinted windows for hot climate States. But only like 10-15 sold, because price was too high. And those was banned for -70, because too dark.
Do i remember totally wrong, it was on that part where they talked rare etc cars. Govier?

Never heard anything on that....

OPTION A: Tinted windshield only was an option.
OPTION B: Tinted WS and all windows were another option.
Tinted WS delete was a second option available if OPTION B was chosen.
Why they didn't simply have an OPTION C: Tinted windows only, is something I don't understand.
Understanding that ( yah :realcrazy:, I know), I VAGUELY remember something about California or some other state (which enacted 1969 {effective 01/01/1969} window tint standards tougher than the Federal standards) having a problem with the tinted windows.

Last edited:

Gosh guys, I would really like to show you some full photos, but right now it is mostly a shell with most of the interior out of it and some large shelves next to it full of parts from the car. My body/paint guy had to repair the rear roof area and that is where it is at presently. But here are some snippets of what it is, and a factory photo showing what it will look like when done.

2004-01-01 13.08.43.jpg

2004-01-01 13.08.55.jpg

2004-01-01 13.09.07.jpg

2004-01-01 13.09.24.jpg

2004-01-01 13.14.23.jpg

Back