Horn ring for 68 Fury ..... will this work?

Steve-o

Reaction score
So the horn ring on my 68 Fury III is broken. I might be able to repair it but then again maybe not. So first pic is my car.
Second pic is a replacement on ebay.
Third pic is kinda cool and looks like it would work....question is...will it?

Description reads:
MOPAR 1967 DODGE PLYMOUTH HORN RING 67 MONACO POLARA FURY PN-2823667

Not worried about the Ralph Nader horn button. I'll get something else if need be.

Thanks in advance!
upload_2020-11-5_23-9-4.png

upload_2020-11-5_23-10-36.png

upload_2020-11-5_23-11-18.png

So the horn ring on my 68 Fury III is broken. I might be able to repair it but then again maybe not. So first pic is my car.

Description reads:

Not worried about the Ralph Nader horn button. I'll get something else if need be.

Thanks in advance!
View attachment 413544
View attachment 413545
View attachment 413546
I’m pretty sure I have one in good shape.

I need one for a 67 polara.....................

upload_2020-11-6_14-34-4.png

More pics of your 68 Fury please!
Thanks

Description reads:

Thanks in advance!
View attachment 413544
View attachment 413545
View attachment 413546

So here's an update. Two of the 3 screws on the back of the horn ring that hold it to the contact pad were completely stripped. Zero threads. Steering wheel threads are ok.
Just so happens a 4mm tap fits right in the stripped hole and makes nice clean threads. I've got tons of metric hardware so why not?

So now that's fixed I decided to paint the 2 strips on the sides of the horn button black and found this (66-67?) horn button on eBay for a pretty cheap. I kinda like it. The Ralph Nader button can suck it. I kept it of course. Never throw away original stuff that's good.

wheel before.JPG

wheel after 1.JPG

wheel after 2.JPG

IMG_5359.PNG

They switched to the padded horn center in January 1968 to meet new crash standards. So any’68 manufactured prior to January has the metal clear ring. My Aug 67 built ‘68 Polara has the metal ring.

I am pretty sure. They both have tabs on the bottom. Twist the old one off and twist the new one on.

So for those of you following along at home......
The horn button works but the horn ring doesn't. So if anyone needs that chrome fancy style horn ring I have a really nice one for sale now.

I was able to fix the original matte aluminum one.

Back