How about a derby build thread??

All of that is wildly inaccurate for today's standards.. I run alone all the time in different states and win quite often at least top 3 if not a win. I do run locally with my 2 cousins as a team.74-76 impala and caprice are good but fse from the best, 77+ gm are junk. crown vics are hands down the cars to beat aside from imperials or 74-78 shockers. 71-76 cadillacs are very tough but require alot of extra welding much like a suicide Lincoln. Stock class limited welding the new Yorkers, newports and Monaco's and furys are dominant as well as the 71-76 chevys. Like I said between my father and myself alone we have 50+ years straight of running cars 12 years just myself. It's a blast
well the way to stop a big mopar is u take out the steering u cant take out the cooling system
i had a group of guys called the clark raing team . here in missouri they won soo many derbies that cars from franklin co ,mo. was banned . 6 flags over mid america use to have a country fair weekend . they had a Missouri boys against illness boys. we had a heat race . the clarks brought 6 full size GM's the ill guys came with 6 c bodies . all the gms made the the feature buyt only 1 of te mopars made it& it didnt last 10 mins in the main. . it has to do with driving skills as well as building of the cars .

I remember this one. Why didn't you just keep it and drive and enjoy it? Put some dog dish caps on it, fix the roof, and away ya go...
Because I can’t keep all the cars or afford repairs that won’t recoup funds spent. I have a very, very low budget and I sell parts so I can afford to fix my ongoing projects. If nobody wanted to save it after 3 years, why should I have to it? Budget is tight in California. If I can’t use it, I have to get ride of it. Storage is $100 per vehicle per month. Imagine how much it adds to the cost of a car. Easier to part it out, sell the shell to the derby guys and move onto something else.

Oh for sure!! It doesnt matter how good of a car you build or how good your equipment is, if you can't drive the car or keep it running when things get wild then your never gonna win, I do prefer the 67-68 Newport's yorkers and imperials more than the 64-66 imps but it's all dependent on rules and what the derby is like

I knew this thread would stir the pot. I'm sure that wasn't the intent, but it was inevitable. I'm going to be Switzerland.

I think the only way to start a derby thread on FCBO and draw positive responses, would be to clearly title it "Import only derby". If such a thing exists?

All of that is wildly inaccurate for today's standards.. I run alone all the time in different states and win quite often at least top 3 if not a win. I do run locally with my 2 cousins as a team.74-76 impala and caprice are good but fse from the best, 77+ gm are junk. crown vics are hands down the cars to beat aside from imperials or 74-78 shockers. 71-76 cadillacs are very tough but require alot of extra welding much like a suicide Lincoln. Stock class limited welding the new Yorkers, newports and Monaco's and furys are dominant as well as the 71-76 chevys. Like I said between my father and myself alone we have 50+ years straight of running cars 12 years just myself. It's a blast
the 77+ maybe junk it has been 30
I knew this thread would stir the pot. I'm sure that wasn't the intent, but it was inevitable. I'm going to be Switzerland.

I think the only way to start a derby thread on FCBO and draw positive responses, would be to clearly title it "Import only derby". If such a thing exists?
ok

They have front wheels drive, midsize 108" under fwd, full size all years, and full size 80's and newer, trucks compact and full size trucks. And also Van's now

Well that didnt take long to get re listed lol guess I sold it to cheap :lol: definitely wasnt a 67 either

Snapchat-1791116248.jpg

Well at least your getting your junk sold. I get more flakes than anything. I’m going to be building a ratrod coronet, so if mine don’t sell, parts will go from the New Yorker to the carcass. Not sure if I need a console on a ratrod though.

99127633-DC6A-470F-A284-47CB939714A5.jpeg

Its been a rough last few months to sell anything... I have 10 flakes before a buyer actually shows up. I have that 73 dart sport cloned to a 71 duster on here for sale. Literally giving it away just to be able to get rid of all my spare parts and a useable car and havent had a single bite on it. Im amazed

Well that didnt take long to get re listed lol guess I sold it to cheap :lol: definitely wasnt a 67 either

View attachment 560654

IMG_20220710_181156_4.jpg
IMG_20220710_181635_4.jpg

IMG_20220710_181728_3.jpg

Goodness, I only gave 6k for mine, and it's a 56k mile Arizona car, mostly original paint, what rust you see is what rust it has, and rebuilt trans
Agreed I've had a lot of front end work done on it, and spent the better part of 2 years getting all the electrical working, except for the radio and heater controls ( hint hint )
I don't know whether I stole mine, or he's over priced the green one
If that one sells for 4k, I'm Damn glad I snatched up mine before the derby guys got it

It won't sell for 4k. And certainly no derby guy will pay 4k for it. The only derby cars bringing money like that are the 71-76 GM wagons. Imperials 2k is about top of the charts and not woukd have to be much more rust free than the one I sold. cant blame him for trying!!

Well at least your getting your junk sold. I get more flakes than anything. I’m going to be building a ratrod coronet, so if mine don’t sell, parts will go from the New Yorker to the carcass. Not sure if I need a console on a ratrod though.

View attachment 560675
y the rat rod . y not restore it it will be worse more restored than a rat rod ' tats a sharp interior it would be a shame in my opinion to trash it

y the rat rod . y not restore it it will be worse more restored than a rat rod ' tats a sharp interior it would be a shame in my opinion to trash it
because I don't like this model of -cbody. it will never be wort more than a rat rod, period. If our so inclined to say it will make more money/value, I'll happily sell it to you with the console for $3100 and you can do all the work and make as much money as you think it's worth. Or are you going to back out of it with some kind of excuse to why YOU won't do it?

My ratrod project with that interior, Frankenstein welds, death raider wheels, 3rd gen hemi peeking through the hood and a row of 68' charger taillights out back will be much cooler than an old grandpa car.

IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0157.JPG

because I don't like this model of -cbody. it will never be wort more than a rat rod, period. If our so inclined to say it will make more money/value, I'll happily sell it to you with the console for $3100 and you can do all the work and make as much money as you think it's worth. Or are you going to back out of it with some kind of excuse to why YOU won't do it?

My ratrod project with that interior, Frankenstein welds, death raider wheels, 3rd gen hemi peeking through the hood and a row of 68' charger taillights out back will be much cooler than an old grandpa car.

View attachment 560774

View attachment 560775
the cornet 500 is NOT A C BODY but a b body its what nascar raced back in the day

Dont build that 68 fasttop once shipping prices drop down to reasonable level I'll snag that one up to lol I like them cali two doors

well the way to stop a big mopar is u take out the steering u cant take out the cooling system
i had a group of guys called the clark raing team . here in missouri they won soo many derbies that cars from franklin co ,mo. was banned . 6 flags over mid america use to have a country fair weekend . they had a Missouri boys against illness boys. we had a heat race . the clarks brought 6 full size GM's the ill guys came with 6 c bodies . all the gms made the the feature buyt only 1 of te mopars made it& it didnt last 10 mins in the main. . it has to do with driving skills as well as building of the cars .
in most demo derbies hursts & imperials r BANNDED cause it takes too long to kill them. but then everyone tries to take out the cooling system . u would not believe the hundreds of 4 dr b &S c bodies that was shamed by chevys what a shame i seen tons of rare (now they r rare )
road/rally wheels that was destroyed

Last edited:
Back