How many 1970 Fury "three on the tree" cars?

Hey mate, the wagon isn't Bill's car, here's a pic of the interior of his (3-speed on the column):

IMG_20120305_160355.jpg

Am envious mate, good on ya. Best of luck with it!

sorry stan i was asking kilcherb. to see if it was originally an auto column shift car. the shifter looks too short for a bench seat car.

IMG_20120305_160355.jpg

Also, another beaut in my opinion, Marc's '70 Fury II 2-Door Sedan (hope you don't mind me adding these buddy, they are excellent shots!) - Slant 6, with 3 on the Tree:

DSCI3189.jpgDSCI3193.jpgDSCI3198.jpg

DSCI3189.jpg

DSCI3193.jpg

DSCI3198.jpg

No they dont. Not that year anyway.
That's a 1970 Plymouth Custom Suburban Wagon.
Early 60's, yes.

There were three-speed manual C Bodies in 1970. I have seen them in person and for sale. If you are saying they were not available for this particular wagon, OK. But if you're saying they simply were not available, you're wrong.

Now, whether they were available in a floor shift that is another question. I know they were in A, B, an E Bodies.

The floor shift is where they don't exist, or shouldn't exist. Absolutely, 3 speed on the column..

Took delivery of the car this weekend and she's in rough shape! Not to worry, I have a brand new stroker 408 dynoed at over 450hp and staggered 20" Giovanni wheels to start bringing her attitude up. I'll snap some before/after pictures when I install the wheels. The engine will probably happen in the spring.

There were three-speed manual C Bodies in 1970. I have seen them in person and for sale. If you are saying they were not available for this particular wagon, OK. But if you're saying they simply were not available, you're wrong.

Now, whether they were available in a floor shift that is another question. I know they were in A, B, an E Bodies.
Snotty, I was saying three speed manuals were available on 6's and 318s {Fury}. On the column only. No floor shift.

Dodge had 3 spds avail on the 318 and I think the 383.
Chrysler had a 3 spd available for its 383.

Im talking about 69 and 70 only.
No manual tranny after that.

Snotty, I was saying three speed manuals were available on 6's and 318s {Fury}. On the column only. No floor shift.

Dodge had 3 spds avail on the 318 and I think the 383.
Chrysler had a 3 spd available for its 383.

Im talking about 69 and 70 only.
No manual tranny after that.

Stan, unless I'm misunderstanding your post...the three speed manual was standard for the 71 Royal, Newport and Newport Custom; the automatic was optional.

Stan, unless I'm misunderstanding your post...the three speed manual was standard for the 71 Royal, Newport and Newport Custom; the automatic was optional.

72_Chrysler_Std_opt_equipment4.jpg

I'm going by this 71 data sheet.
My brain also cannot come up it being on any C-body after 70.
Any other lit out there showing a 3 spd manual that I may have missed?

Bang. There ya go. 71 was final year. Thank you sir for the correction.

Thank gawd for the dedication to saving archives.

Back