How Many C Bodies Do You Own?

Only one a '66 300 I call Goldie. The longer I stay on this site the longer my c-body list becomes.

That was my point earlier too :)

So many lovely body styles I just keep changing my mind .. yours is obviously at the top of the class too

View attachment 45768

View attachment 45769

That door sticker instantly reminded me of the Tonka Stickers of the modelcars from this manufacturer.

Yes, I have a couple of those 60's vintage Tonka toy Jeep Gladiators that the military version (M715) was based on. "LOCKSLEY" (the door logo wording) was "Robin Hood's" home town and that is what my Dad & Uncle (both archery deer hunters) named our cabin compound back in 1950.

I like your "Zero" Bryan, nicely done.
heres a good read on Alpar about body designation. I would even call it definitive.
http://www.allpar.com/ed/imperial-body.html

Matt....did you know that my 78 New Yorker is part Imperial???

All 76-78 NY'ers have (74-75) Imperial hoods!

How do I know???

The hoods for 76-78 NY'ers have a "Y" stamped on the front lip of the hood...same as 74-75 Imperial. 74-75 NY'er and 74-78 Newport's have a "C" stamped on the front lip of the hoods.

How do I know that???

I have my 78 NY'er and 78 Newport parked side by side with the hoods opened and noticed the "Y" and "C". The hoods are different too. The V in the center of the hood rises a lot higher on the NY'er than the Newport. The hoods will interchange but it wouldn't look right with the center of the hood line being too high or (vice versa) too low depending on which vehicle the hoods were swapped.

There is a bunch of other "Imperial" parts on the 76-78 NY'ers too.No one cares but me so I won't bore you...

I'm not sure what was on the 76-77 C-Body Dodge and Plymouth hoods... until Carlisle and I can take a look if any show up.

I have 2 right now...78 NY'er and Newport.

I have owned a bunch in the last 40 years and riding/driving in my Dad's C-Bodies and Mopars since 1955. I had a bunch of B's and E's in the last 40 years also. Wish I had every damn one of them today!!!

Since last year I have my second fuselage car in form of a 1971 -300. The first was a 1972 Chrysler NY Brougham. I will only have time for 1 car because the car interest collide with the motorbike hobby "Honda VFR800 (interceptor in US)" and my boat "37ft Fjord 1001 cc fly". A boat takes at least as much time as a old car if not more to maintenance.

To bad this thread didn't include pictures of your cars.... would be nice to see.

Again, the knowledge on this board is incredible.

Matt (Mr C) taught me a BUNCH of stuff about what is unique to the '78 NYB and NYBS that do not apply to any of the earlier cars, plus stuff on the '78s that came from earlier Imperials, as stated in post #66.

69 monaco coupe
69 chrysler 300 coupe
70 monaco 4dr.

Owned in the past ;
65 chrysler 300coupe
66 polara wagon
67 polara coupe
68 monaco coupe
68 imperial 4dr
68 fury convertible
69 polara coupe
69 polara 500 coupe
69 monaco coupe
71 polara wagon
73 polara coupe

I have a bunch of EX-WIVES.....that's why I only have 2 C-Bodies.

Back