How many horsies can it handle?

IMHO, no traction bars needed (they were meant for teh GM cars) and don't bother with the pinion snubber. If you really need to get serious, clamp the front half of the spring in a couple spots and call it a day.

I agree ..........I also heard of the clamp thing before but never tried it myself

Just me but I wouldn't trust the clamping with a street ready heavyweight C body. I build my own leaf packs and the springs are a lot longer in the front segment ona C body. Plus the mass to get rolling is a bit more. Having run with and without I've always done better with it but there are a lot of guys that run hard without - but I've never seen anyone run that way on a C body.

so how is the build coming? I am wondering if it would be a worth while project for the my 76 NYB.

The build is moving right along. Finally got all the pieces and parts for the 727 to bolt up to the 6.1. Trim went to Metal Brite. Interior sent off for new vinyl ( no dead cows ) & the car is almost ready for body/paint.

Nick was cool enough to get me the taillight that I need so that's a big relief.

Should be ready for good guys 2014.

So, an aftermarket flex plate, bolt it right up, and you're good to go? COOL!
I'm a 100 years behind on this new stuff.
Once looked at a new Mustang and I asked "where's the spark plugs?"
Even the bubbas rolled their eyes...

Yep, TTI makes a flex plate specifically for 6.1 to 727.

The new stuff isn't that much different, Stan. It's still internal combustion.

ICE's I understand.
It's what's inside those little solid epoxy black boxes with the gazillion wires coming from sensors that I don't know WTF they are there for.....
By the time I retired our trucks were so computerized, that I was there merely to steer the damn thing.
Step on the pedal to do one thing and the 'putor would say, "Um, no. Can't do that. Gonna do it my way..."

I'm not sure when exactly you retired Stan but these new emission trucks are really bizarre just cause you let go the throttle does not mean it starts slowing gotta wait for egr valve and turbo controller to get there **** together. looks like my 85 & 94 are going to be around awhile.

I'm not sure when exactly you retired Stan but these new emission trucks are really bizarre just cause you let go the throttle does not mean it starts slowing gotta wait for egr valve and turbo controller to get there **** together. looks like my 85 & 94 are going to be around awhile.
Exactly! There is no direct link between the driver and the engine.
The throttle is there merely for the driver to indicate what he wants to do.
The computer receives the signal from the throttle, analyzes a thousand parameters it receives from various locations around it, compares it to the preprogramed list of things the company says it's allowed to do and only then makes a decision on what you ultimately get.
Trying to slip a fast one by the computer only results on it being monitored and sent back to dispatch.
All data collected is compared to preset limits. Go over the limit and you're in the office the next morning.
A forced detour because of construction required you to fill out a form when you got back.
The BS I put up with all those years for medical and a pension.......

So, what's it like being an O/O? I wouldn't know..........

Last edited:
So why did you choose to use a 727? I have no issue with them but the 5 speed auto sounds like the ticket.

I think trying to use a five speed would make it more complicated than the car's worth when he finishes it.

Posted via Topify using Android

We all did, so did he, profit is not why he has any of his cars that he mods .....

I just didn't want another computer, that's all.

I may still swap down the road though.

Never met a C-body lover that wasn't.
We're the ones with boxes full of losing Lottery tickests.

Posted via Topify using Android

Back