how rare is a 1969 monaco 500 convertable in canada

hemiguy

Reaction score
july 7 2014 2.jpgjuly 7 2014 4.jpgjuly 7 2014 5.jpghi everyone I just purchased a 1969 Monaco 500 convertible and wondering how rare it is in Canada has the bucket seats and the option light in grill power windows.any help would be great thanksjuly 6 2014 1.jpg

july 6 2014 1.jpg

july 7 2014 2.jpg

july 7 2014 4.jpg

july 7 2014 5.jpg

Last edited:
Well lets just say they are surely not a dime a dozen !!!!! :3gears: and you won't see too many side by side at any local car shows, unlike Chargers, Super Bee's & Cuda's

Convert with the the Super-Lite .. that's gotta be some low production numbers there and cool as hell. What are you plans for it?

no it was on kijji before or London and he reposted it.it was actually in courtright

Numbers are low for a 69 Monaco convertible, I believe under 400. Wheres the moldings...........? A Superlite in that beast is probably numbered below 50.thats only a guess.

Here's what the Canadian Monaco 500 trim looked like (Polara 500 in the USA)...and a pic of the Super-Lite. I imagine the pieces that say "Monaco 500" are pretty rare compared to the American versions.

You've got to have the trim in my opinion...so cool.

69dod_can_08b.jpg

Kool car, is there a fender tag or build sheet with it? What color was it originally?

I have the moldings in the trunk for the drivers side.and it was originally a bronze like metallic

I have the moldings in the trunk for the drivers side.and it was originally a bronze like metallic

I think I can look up the number of cars built for Canada and also the number with a Superlite. The fender portions of the side mouldings are the critical pieces. Everything else you can scarf from a Polara 500. Going to check to see if I can scrounge you the fender bits.

I didn't read your initial question closely enough. I could have saved myself an hour's work. The correct answer is: Not as rare as it is in the U.S.

Your time researching is never wasted but always appreciated

Back