How to rebuild Chrysler Power Window motor clutch assembly

I've had many thoughts about fabricating a metal strip across the bottom with some sort of mount that will pop in and out of the door assembly holes.

It might come to that unless we find that NOS cache warehouse in Turkey.....

It would be impossible to rebuild the lower panel.
Its mostly contured fiberglass resin with reinforcements molded onto crappy fiberboard.
Could that fiberboard be "painted" with fiberglass resin or something smilar? The resin would soak in and firm everything up.

I replaced the boards on 3 of my door panels, but aside from the steel top panel, it was fairly easy. It sounds like the formals are more involved.

Could that fiberboard be "painted" with fiberglass resin or something smilar? The resin would soak in and firm everything up.

I replaced the boards on 3 of my door panels, but aside from the steel top panel, it was fairly easy. It sounds like the formals are more involved.
Yes. In fact that is the best and only solution that I can see to repair that self destructing sheet of glue and sawdust.

The area outlined is all fiberglass. molded onto the fiberboard.

PicsArt_06-30-09.29.05.jpg

Thanks to all who contributed to this old thread, I have one bad window but now that multiple bargain fixes are available I will be able to fix them all if I have to!

I have a question...my non-working window is in the passenger side front door, is it possible to remove the motor / regulator assembly with the window in the full "up" position? The shop manual says it needs to be all the way down to remove.

I have a question...my non-working window is in the passenger side front door, is it possible to remove the motor / regulator assembly with the window in the full "up" position? The shop manual says it needs to be all the way down to remove.
After you unbolt the regulator you can slide the arms out of the tracks and wrestle it out. Best bet is to have a helper to hold the glass so that it doesn't drop.

Please read the FSM before doing this....

Don't unbolt the wiper motor from the regulator until you have drilled and bolted the arms together on the regulator. You could lose fingers and or seriously injure yourself when that regulator spring unwinds.

After you unbolt the regulator you can slide the arms out of the tracks and wrestle it out. Best bet is to have a helper to hold the glass so that it doesn't drop.
Thanks, I just wanted to be sure it would unhook and come out. I'll probably use good old duct tape to hold the glass up...

Please read the FSM before doing this....

Don't unbolt the wiper motor from the regulator until you have drilled and bolted the arms together on the regulator. You could lose fingers and or seriously injure yourself when that regulator spring unwinds.
I did read the FSM, they show it being clamped in a vise before removing the motor, which I can do.

Guys!
Can you help me to find a new window motor gear, please?
I can not find this type gear and i am not sure about replacement part.

IMG_20190406_185309291.jpg

IMG_20190406_185317215.jpg

I have not seen just the gears available . I bought rebuilt motors and used my old gears which were still in good shape. Other guys have used these motors, in theory the gears should work, but if it was me I would just replace the whole motor. Dorman Power Window Motors 742-301

Formal door panel fix.....took 30 seconds and looks factory to me at least.

20181117_114529.jpg

Back