How's this for getting a donor engine home?

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Well I finally got to pick up the donor engine for my Polara last night.
Have a look at how I got it home.
:3gears:

20140422_210739.jpg

20140422_210743.jpg

20140422_210754.jpg

Love it!

Looks like something I would but probably wouldn't take the chance without registration (current) and insurance, illegal in most states otherwise.

2011-09-29_009.jpg

Alan

I had the vision a few months ago after seeing a member pull the back end of his car to a shop for media blasting.
(as shown right above) Thanks Alan you beat me to it!

Thinking I would build one but Harbour Freight had them on sale @ $50 so I bought it instead!

The mounting points were already in place on the stub frame.
Used some portable magnetic tailer lights.
I tied off the idler arm and pitman to keep the wheels from doing thier own thing.

It worked out better than I could have ever hoped for!
It pulls like a dream!

I only had to pull it a couple of miles and it was dark..

I've also been known for pulling some strange trailers in the past as well that were road legal :D

This one hauls my Goldwing when required..

Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) 1.jpg

I've also been known for pulling some strange trailers in the past as well that were road legal :D

This one hauls my Goldwing when required..

Nice. And since you own a goldwing when you go to sell it you'll be able to claim mint condition. If it hauled a Harley it'd be all beat up and raggedy and you'd have to sell it for scrap after years of abuse having to haul the scoot home and to the shop etc etc...

You guys make me laugh!
I don't know if a HD has the power to ride up onto the trailer..

Seriously, from time to time I have no choice but to pull the Wing around. Long distances and my back just don't mix at the moment so we trailer it to the distination and enjoy it while we can.

Here we are on the tail of the dragon in Tennessee

1295.jpg

And here it is on the trailer
It'd pretty cool really. it has an air suspension that lowers to the ground so you can ride right up then inflate the system to the correct height for the load.

2012-05-12 14.28.27.jpg

Yeah - in CT they'd lock you up for that one...lol. I once sat on the bed rail with a buddy opposite me to get an unstrapped engine up to my shop. A distance of about 6 miles. We did it at night and it was a handful given the driver...lol. At least you got it!

Ha. You know what puppy dogs and Harley's have in common? They both like to ride in the back of pickup trucks.

Okay enough of the HD jokes! I'm having a difficult time remembering what this thread was about...:wav:

BTW, did you know that over 90% of all Harley sold are still on the road today?
(The rest made it home....)

:D

Okay enough of the HD jokes! I'm having a difficult time remembering what this thread was about...:wav:

BTW, did you know that over 90% of all Harley sold are still on the road today?
(The rest made it home....)

:D

You know what the most common accessory for a new harley is?

A pickup truck.

And here it is on the trailer
It'd pretty cool really. it has an air suspension that lowers to the ground so you can ride right up then inflate the system to the correct height for the load.
I see guys pulling a Gold Wing behind another Gold Wing, mainly the gl1000 and 1100 standards that are taken to Bike shows. Very Interesting!

Nice. And since you own a goldwing when you go to sell it you'll be able to claim mint condition. If it hauled a Harley it'd be all beat up and raggedy and you'd have to sell it for scrap after years of abuse having to haul the scoot home and to the shop etc etc...
I expected as much.....

Back