Hubcaps

Gavin Jeffrey

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I am needing 2 hubcaps for my 68 New Yorker, it has the disc brake option with the 15" wheels and special turbine hubcap.
I know this cap was used on other vehicles like some trucks, 1968 Plymouth fury with different centers.
Let me know what you have, must be in good condition with little or no dents.
Thanks again everyone......

20191214_180414.jpg

I would contact Murray Park. The disc brake wheelcovers were "fleet wide" and used on all cars with disc brakes, not sure about trucks, but they may have been the same.

For '67 they had a different style, so be sure to differentiate. Good luck with your search.

I would contact Murray Park. The disc brake wheelcovers were "fleet wide" and used on all cars with disc brakes, not sure about trucks, but they may have been the same.

For '67 they had a different style, so be sure to differentiate. Good luck with your search.
You are right to a certain extent.
1968 Chrysler's had their own unique Disc Brake wheel cover centers
as shown in the OP post .
Cheers

They were also offered on some Hemi cars, simple as that.
Most 68/69 Hemi Dodge B bodies (including Daytona's) came with 15 inch wheels as a requirement,with disc brakes optional.
Regardless this was the 15" wheel cover with Hemi..
5rjmilFxAilgYlJPReUdHpBvID2T2NuYSBaynrtU_4OIz1i67YA2kHsk0JXBJn3ltk5SF-kKlT8mVyw8Oxj4oRmX9H9M1_Fl.jpg

20-1522172929065@2x.jpg

Chrysler used the same metal portion of the wheel cover across the board and used different plastic centers that were kept in place with a large spring clip.

So,the "hemi" wheel cover as it is nicknamed,for the OP's car has a different center specific for the 68 Chrysler with Disc brakes.
6Nv_SkNhySK4OP4YRn1fV6K6fML2KiLkSve1deIbEl4CrwY3aTcfz0WIs-pgM4HY_E-8AnNZX9kBJN6IA6IQ-PMmEy3UVHWg.jpg

In fact, that was the only 15" full wheelcover that Chrysler, Plymouth and Dodge had for everything through part of 1967 and all of 1968. Depending on the application, they just changed the center section.

Jeff

In fact, that was the only 15" full wheelcover that Chrysler, Plymouth and Dodge had for everything through part of 1967 and all of 1968. Depending on the application, they just changed the center section.

Jeff
Some early built (fall of 1966) disc brake C's did get the 66 wheel covers and also are considered "correct" for 67.

Back