Hugh spark plug

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I took the Satellite up to Virginia Motorsport Park saturday & entered it in the 1/4 mile Pro class. And I picked up this spark plug while there for runner up finish. I had hole shot wins every round except 2 In the quarters I was against a 69 Chevelle who got a slight hole shot on me, but it was a double break out & I excaped with a 1 thousant less break out that he was....whew! I recieved a bye into the finals due to my .001 against a Nova who was .070. In the finals I was against a Cobra that I had beat in the first round. So I was confident. However it was 7 PM & the sun was setting & was right on the stage lights. I never saw my stage lights come on. I heard the Cobra come up on his vert so I figured we must be staged. So I came up on mine & bumped in one more time & waited to see if the tree would come down. It did & I though I saw it good. Nope he got me. When I got my ticket we both had terrible reaction times as neither could see the tree. Oh well I feel like I gave that one away. Still a darn good day. I do like 1/4 mile racing better than 1/8 mile

image.jpg

Sweet. I need a lot of practice on the tree, cut a .001 once last fall in my Challenger at Norwalk though my dial was way off when I was still having ignition problems It still felt really good. Good job.

Sweet. I need a lot of practice on the tree, cut a .001 once last fall in my Challenger at Norwalk though my dial was way off when I was still having ignition problems It still felt really good. Good job.

Thank you. I think I finally have the car working right.

I agree. Most of the tracks around here don't have enough shut down. And if you go way down there the pavement is cracked & bumpy.

Last edited:
My opinion is that the top fuel classes in NHRA need to return to full 1/4 mile racing too!

Back