For Sale Hurst Vinyl Top Car Being Flipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I mean the paint scheme has not been respected on the Hood and fenders ( a very little ) because champagne paint must no come to the venry end ofthe hood. There is a white line and decals like JRF-9 or Trace's hurst.
Oh ok, you mean this one not the vinyl top car.
IMG_6016.JPG

No I mean the paint scheme has not been respected on the Hood and fenders ( a very little ) because champagne paint must no come to the venry end ofthe hood. There is a white line and decals like JRF-9 or Trace's hurst.
Well, if you knew the story of that particular Hurst, the man who started the restoration died in mid project. The guy who finished it did a good job, not having ever seen one of these cars. The paint going to the end of the hood did not prevent my buddy from getting a good price for it when he sold it due to his divorce.

I respect the gentleman that restored this Hurst, it's a tremendous amount of work to do everything right. But I have yet to see, actually see, any documentation regarding the "dealer installed vinyl top". If there is no documentation from the period when new and vintage photos etc., related to that history it's difficult to believe.

And if there is no documentation, then it just leaves the car "storied" (not to mention unattractive) and that's about it

Well, if you knew the story of that particular Hurst, the man who started the restoration died in mid project. The guy who finished it did a good job, not having ever seen one of these cars. The paint going to the end of the hood did not prevent my buddy from getting a good price for it when he sold it due to his divorce.

Hi,

Sorry i did not meant to make you bad.
I just pointed that the paint was not correct but it is still good. it is an easy fix for a body shop.

i think that if you do a repaint just do as it was originally. Mu Hurst has the same bad scheme, i suppose this is easier or cheaper to do.

Hi,

Sorry i did not meant to make you bad.
I just pointed that the paint was not correct but it is still good. it is an easy fix for a body shop.

i think that if you do a repaint just do as it was originally. Mu Hurst has the same bad scheme, i suppose this is easier or cheaper to do.

It is easier because it does not need masking tape going across the hood. When something is easier to do, it makes the work also cheaper due to smaller labor fee.

Sure it is . However the value is in originality or correct restorations not it simply being " a nice ride".
If it was done for those purposes. He had the work done because the frame rails had holes in them. He still got over 16 grand when he sold it - not bad for incorrect.

Wow, along with the vinyl top Hurst, there are 4 more for sale on eBay! So much for being “rare”, lol.

350E83C1-A25B-4544-881D-B518A20C9DBE.png

These are the "Kissimmee cars" from this past January.

I took many, many pictures of all four of them for my reference (and "de-reference) purposes.

Last edited:
The 300 Hurst really was a different boutique limited production car.The interesting special hood,Imperial appointments,my favorite rear wing set up,VIP sport wheels,440,make it a very special mileage eater.Vinyl roofs do not look good on these in my opinion.To me it fits a luxury sporting mind set which i love.Love the old Mercury Marauders from 69-71.Or 70.If a 300H showed up on my doorstop as a gift i would fall on my face.300H owners are a proud lot like Fury GT and Letter series owners.B.B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back