For Sale Hurst Vinyl Top Car Being Flipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind customizing cars, but it seems to me that these should be left alone. Customize a Newport all day long!!
Awesome pic, Snotty. Here's a similar one. I was at a car show with my green one and a guy struck up a conversation. As it evolved (and I paid more attention to what he was saying) I learned:
  • it was not a brown Newport sedan like I envisioned,
  • he still had the car he'd been chattering about,
  • it had about 70k on it and was for sale,
  • and he lived nearby.

So we got a family photo like yours. 2004. Time flies.
upload_2019-2-26_20-47-50.png

Awesome pic, Snotty. Here's a similar one. I was at a car show with my green one and a guy struck up a conversation. As it evolved (and I paid more attention to what he was saying) I learned:
  • it was not a brown Newport sedan like I envisioned,
  • he still had the car he'd been chattering about,
  • it had about 70k on it and was for sale,
  • and he lived nearby.

So we got a family photo like yours. 2004. Time flies.
View attachment 264085

Have you any interior pics of that green one?

I have 7 pics.
I usually have around 50 pics of every car within the last 15 years.
For some reason, I have photos of everything on that car, including the HP damper, under the valve cover, timing chain area, etc, but only 7 of the interior. :(

Anything in particular you want to see?

(ignore the uninstalled kickpanel, the *terrible* radio and gauge installation, and the stuff on the floor. I hafta presume my underwear was probably dirty that day too.)
upload_2019-2-27_18-5-40.png

I have 7 pics.
I usually have around 50 pics of every car within the last 15 years.
For some reason, I have photos of everything on that car, including the HP damper, under the valve cover, timing chain area, etc, but only 7 of the interior. :(

Anything in particular you want to see?

(ignore the uninstalled kickpanel, the *terrible* radio and gauge installation, and the stuff on the floor. I hafta presume my underwear was probably dirty that day too.)
View attachment 264311

Just an overall photo to show the seating configuration and the steering column as well as the color. For example it'd show the green vinyl buckets with a console and Tilt-A-Scope
Thank you!

Just an overall photo to show the seating configuration and the steering column as well as the color. For example it'd show the green vinyl buckets with a console and Tilt-A-Scope
Thank you!
That picture above is the one, then.

kinda funny looking back on that picture. The car always got tons of compliments and was indeed very nice. But I see faded carpet, dried/scraped passenger kickpanel, dashpad is discolored, seat vinyl colors that don't match between all the sections, and some rust stain or something up by the defroster vent.

Funny what we get accustomed to and no longer see, and then see with fresh eyes. I sold this one in Feb-March '09.

Here´s a vid taken at the Kissimmee, but the Hurst isn´t vinyl top car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back