For Sale Hurst

Status
Not open for further replies.
all 300 Hurst have a SPD of 125 (25th January 1970) but have been built on various dates when you check the sequence numbers on them

It's obvious regarding the "extra" fender tags. They appear to be original tags, just not to this car.

Go to MoPar swap meets and start collecting tags........not hard to do.

There was "no special" paint/mask from Chrysler. The "special" paint was done at Hurst Performance.

There were "no special" tires, H70 15" RWL were part of the A12 package, they are not noted on a tag.

There was "no special" handling on this car as it's a mid production car, nothing unusual or special that would require this tag.

They were all added by "someone". If not,... this is the most "special", non special 70 300/H in existence, but that's not likely.
Those three extra holes in the radiator support are a deal killer for me.

Most of them didn't have the console, IIRC it was less than 10 percent actually, although a remarkable number of console cars showed up recently.

For what it's worth; the "extra tags" are not a big deal. Actually, they are part of the deal, so take them off after you buy the car, and sell them to your cop car friends.

I think this car is a bargin,...all day long. I'd buy it if I was looking for a restored 300/H. Try restoring one for the asking price, it cannot be done.

show proof the tags do not belong to the car...these are unloved boats that no one fully understands. Chrysler did many strange things in special car production.

I for my part don’t need any further proof on any information Fury Pursuit delivers. He is widely recognized to be an authority, and most informed on these cars.

FWIW, my comment was just poking fun at the controversy of the tags. They are an obvious add-on, they just look out of place sitting to the left of the main tag.

show proof the tags do not belong to the car...these are unloved boats that no one fully understands. Chrysler did many strange things in special car production.

You are partly correct, the 1970 300/H is a car that few fully understand. But I have a pretty good understanding of these cars based on research and experience.

To empirically prove the tags do not belong on the car is like trying to prove the existence of God. I can't do that.

But what I can do is, tell you that the "extra" tags" obviously are original tags, but they don't belong on this car. There is no reason for a mid production Hurst to have these tags, as they are not related to the build of this Hurst. Not even the proto-type and promotional 300/H-Hurst have any "extra" tags, and they shouldn't.

The "extra tags" list items that would be noted by the factory on the original build order as it relates to the Broadcast Sheet, so there is not a reason for "extra tags". That information would be listed on the Broadcast sheet (at the bottom) if there is one for this car.

The extra tags, are from Dodge and Plymouth's fleet department built cars, and were likely added by an owner.

Let me ask you a question...

What is special about the paint?

What is special about the order?

What is special about the "handling" of this car?

What would it require, in the build and ordering process internally at Chrysler to have these tags affixed to a car or any car built by ChryCo?

Yes, "Chrysler did many strange things in special car production" as you stated, but using "extra tags" like this on a "standard" production build isn't one of them.

Last edited:
Standard production build? No way, where are you ? under a rock?
Just like AARs & T/As these car required special handling and special assembly line logistics. Never would these 3 groups of cars considered to be regular production. The trans am cars were built on second shift in groups and i bet these were too.

You can't prove the tags did not come with the car just as i can't prove they did. However as i have been researching and writing about the mopar products for decades and I have interviewed people who worked for Chrysler - I can tell you that there were always deviations from the norm in car production. Stuff happened. No i can't explain the tags just as you can't but they look to be legit as I have looked at thousands and thousands of old mopar since 1975 and seen some very weird configurations. There are alleged to be 3 export hemi challengers with VINs that are not JS23ROB but JH23ROB. There is an executive six pack e body with H51 factory AC on the tag. Rxxxxxx SO#. 4 door 68 or so cop car 440 with 3 on the tree. Another is an E body painted an imperial color [EB9] with the color code on the fender tag, Exec car. All cars have supporting documentation but not enough for the negative nannies and all of you experts on here.:rolleyes:

The hurst cars are special, the documentation is poor and this particular car may have an interesting past where the tags turn out to be legit. If they are bogus a great deal of effort has been made to put those tags on the car and for what purpose? Are they asking $75,000 for the car? Are they claiming its work 100K because its a rusted crashed boat with a six pak and an interesting fender tag?

If you are so smart with information show me your data on the cars.
Vin, SO#, build date, Y codes, Anomalies like data tags etc
Explain how a special run of cars is "regular production"

When was the last time you had an assembly line tour?
I toured assembly plants in 1979, 1984 and 1990. RWD stuff then shadows and sundances. Even in 1990's there was stuff happening.

Last edited:
But why would this be the only hurst we see with any extra tags when there’s nothing particularly special about it other than the fact that it’s a 300 hurst???

WINCE.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back