I finally got to restoring the kick plate trim on my 69 sport fury

Good luck at WOW.
Thanks. If there was a DRIVERS class I might have a chance. The car was painted in summer of 1999. It has 561,000 miles on it with a ton of stone chips in the paint to prove it. I haven’t got to detailing under the hood so I don’t think I’m going to have the car judged in any particular class. I’m just happy to be at the show with my car. Someday After it’s painted again and if I’m lucky enough to be in the show I will be ready for the judges. Maybe I’m my own worst judge but I just lose my patients when somebody picks my car apart over the smallest detail. But I guess that comes with the territory . I plan on enjoying my self anyway.

Looks great Marlow! The Fire Hall looks great as a background. How about the old Courthouse in Wetaskiwin??

... but I just lose my patients when somebody picks my car apart over the smallest detail. But I guess that comes with the territory . I plan on enjoying my self anyway.

upload_2018-2-28_8-12-50.jpeg

Great job!! Have blast at the WOW show, enjoy the complements and ignore the arm chair critics. Most of the critics have never "done it" and really have no idea how much work it is to make them nice. I have done and I do know, so in my opinion your work is amazing and very well done!

View attachment 169296

this is the metal buffing set I started with (sizzle wheel) but you need to remove the anodize Coating before you use this so that meant sanding it off. NOW I DO NOT DO THAT : I use easy off oven cleaner to remove anodize coating then polish with surf city garage metal polish. ITS SO EASY ITS CRAZY!!! It saved me 75% of my work time with the same result.

Thanks for sharing.

That thing looks so incredible the picture looks like it isn't real, but photoshoped.

Made it FINALLY. Setup afternoon at world of wheels with 5 others from our club The Edmonton Mopar Association
6700D3BB-B679-4725-9492-642C122AB4A1.jpeg
E5B9BDDB-EA07-414D-B295-302FF672A7F3.jpeg
45B11D42-CA4F-47B2-9BC4-C2FAA6E1D768.jpeg
EE3FCEFF-B4F9-4851-B576-E1BEC66AEF13.jpeg
3AF8F034-5FAD-4593-B72A-D0C6715EC34B.jpeg
A139F062-184D-4A99-BDDA-A6C07E7A00C3.jpeg

The first picture is the banner of my car that we’re selling to raise money for the club and the second picture is the car display sign for showing the car. Now I can finally relax and enjoy the show!!!
46ECB3F6-281D-46E6-903C-EC0BEDFFA096.jpeg
81DA7B95-2AD0-46B9-905E-0BCFFB37730D.jpeg

I am embarrassed to tell you how much I paid to have my rocker panels done by a so called professional. He said mine were not in the best shape but he would make them look respectable. I can tell you they were in a lot better shape than what you started with and the job you did is amazing they look brand new. For what they charge your in the wrong business. They are amazing . One thing this forum is not lacking is people with tremendous talent Best Regards
Frank

I am embarrassed to tell you how much I paid to have my rocker panels done by a so called professional. He said mine were not in the best shape but he would make them look respectable. I can tell you they were in a lot better shape than what you started with and the job you did is amazing they look brand new. For what they charge your in the wrong business. They are amazing . One thing this forum is not lacking is people with tremendous talent Best Regards
Frank
WOW Thanks a lot 440sportfury for the compliment and I agree with you about the knowledge and talent on this forum. I’ve always enjoyed working on my car. With a warm garage and some spare time I was able to tackle some of the finer details. It helps to have a few 69 fury parts cars ,a shop manual and a total lack of fear for screwing things up. lol that’s where the parts cars come into play. When you own a C body you find out quick that very few parts are reproduced for them so I do what I can to keep it on the road as my summer driver.

Back