I have a question about these cars

Try putting a 78 heater core into a 79 and then get back to me. As I said the internal changes were significant, despite looking externally the same.

I guess to me a different heater box isn't a significant change,but you are right,it's really not an official B body per Chrysler .

Its a better alternative to the rack and pinion conversion setups that some are offering. If your car is wandering around at speed you need to fix the bump steer on your car, toe is changing as suspension cycles get rid of that and put a touch toe in and a 1/2-3/4 degree of negative camber and your car will be good to 150mph.

I bought a 1968 Dodge Polara in 1970 when I came back fro Vietnam and was in the army for an additional 10 months in Fort Meade Md, used to drive back and forth at least twice a month from Ft Meade to Syracuse and probably averaged about 75 mph except for the one time I overslept and left NY at 3 AM, averaged about 100 mph that time, I didn't want to be AWOL, made it back to base just in time to change and make formation.

I know it's not a Chrysler, but still interesting.

http://youtu.be/joMK1WZjP7g

This is about as badly biased as the GM pickup gas tank blow-up video was. Pick a modern car designed for occupant survival and put it up against a car not designed for this, having a four door hardtop body and mounted on an X frame and nobody with a brain in their headed need to see the video to know what the outcome was going to be.

This needs to be filed under "Thank you Captain Obvious"

We just took our 77 New Yorker Brougham to the Hershey AACA show, which is a few hundred miles each way. When I didn't use the cruise, I had to keep an eye on the speedometer as I occasionally hit 100 MPH without noticing. The 440 accelerates easily to pass. It has a lot of power on the highway and doesn't need to downshift.

Back