I have a question about these cars

66 Fury 383 dual quad cop car El Mirage 142mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTtpJy1eL90

A teaser on the history of this vehicle, is that she was ordered by a retired police officer with every police option his influence could muster - heavy duty suspention(with rear sway bar), cooling, brakes, posi, 383 HP V8. I am the second registered owner for over twenty years now, and I've added a later exhaust system, wheels, upgraded swaybars, shocks,windage tray, better cam, balancing, performance ignition system, and a 1962 tandum carb set-up(She even has the oval air cleaners for special events).

That is bad *** love the Speedo bouncing down below 120. Had a Cordoba in my late teens early twenties Speedo went only to 100 was fun watching it go down into the.odometer if it was right or close would have maybe made 125 but only downhill, flat probably 115, man I miss my old smogger 400 and thermoquad, the howl that carburetor put out at that speed is priceless.

Last edited:
My current '68 Fury 383 70-75 consistently....

My first '68 Fury with a warm 383/727 would do 70mph in low, 102mph in 2nd before the valves would float, then in Drive, I once had it past the 120mph mark and between the 1 and 2 in the column gearshift numbers in the speedometer cluster....

A teaser on the history of this vehicle, is that she was ordered by a retired police officer with every police option his influence could muster - heavy duty suspention(with rear sway bar), cooling, brakes, posi, 383 HP V8. I am the second registered owner for over twenty years now, and I've added a later exhaust system, wheels, upgraded swaybars, shocks,windage tray, better cam, balancing, performance ignition system, and a 1962 tandum carb set-up(She even has the oval air cleaners for special events).

That was fun!!! lol

I had a similar set up. '69 383 Magnum from a Charger, cam, exhaust, Accel ignition, single big 4 bbl on an Edelbrock Torker and the Torker came on at the top end of the RPM range.... And, I also had installed a rear sway bar! The difference was like day and night!!

Last edited:

I'm impressed I don't know if I'd try that. New car no problem a old one I don't know. There has to be some good hyw gears in there to keep the rev's around 6k. When I ran 150 in my 68 Charger I hit 6500 with 323 gears. I guess I should have put my gps in mine just to see if I could get it past 130. LOL!!!!! The tack said 5k (best was 5500 rms),1 to 1,15 in tires and I know someone has a formula to calculate the speed. I'd rather drive my snowmobile at 120 than the New Yorker. The yacht floats down the road at high speed and the brakes don't inspire any confidence.
Does my video play for everyone? I will try and fix it if it's not working.

Last edited:
OK. Saw it finally this morning. For twelve minutes I was like a kid in the back seat going COME ON DAD OPEN HER UP!!! LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started the camera when I left and it took me an hour for the trip. All I could think was are we there yet. LOL!!!!

Huh???
What'chu talkin bout, Kevin?

There was an article in Mopar Action recently about an outfit that is modifying the current GC steering box to be a bolt-in retrofit into damn near any Chrysler product. Calls for replacing the bits that connect the box to the column (can't recall if it uses a new pump, or not). Anyway I email about it. Kit and all the necessary bits was right around $900.00

I'm out ($$$$$$$$$$).....

http://www.borgeson.com/xcart/home.php?cat=143

Mopar_Conversion.jpg

What I don't understand is what changed on the C-bodies after 1976?

Nothing with respect to steering changed on C bodies after 76...just another business that caters to muscle cars and doesn't know anything about C bodies. They probably think that 76 was the last year for the C body...just their lack of overall Mopar knowledge showing through. They also show B-bodies ending in 79 which is wrong too. B bodies ended in 78.

The Cordoba & Magnum were still around in '79 as B's

Nope, the 79 Cordoba and Magnum were R bodies as per Chrysler corporation. Although they look the same on the outside the number of internal changes were significant.

While Chrysler may have called it an R body the '79 Magnum & Cordoba have no significant changes from the prior year.

Back