I just took the plunge

I put one of those Champion aluminum rads in my 48 Desoto....haven't had a chance to drive on the street with it yet. But it seems to be doing a good enough job so far.
I have yet to come across any negative comments about this particular radiator from those people who have purchased it. So, I'll see for myself in a few days.

I look forward to hearing the outcome of installing it. The only bad things I've heard, seem to be shipping problems. Radiators showing up bent, or twisted. But always here they do a great job cooling. Want to instal one in my car one day

Zac, I just received a condenser in Maryland shipped UPS Ground from California.......not a bent fin on it. I'm happy!!!

So I got parcel from UPS yesterday.....guess what it was.

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

Looks pretty good.......
Only one small issue, the threads on the passenger side transmission tube connection nipple are not standard. I had a fitting on the old one I used for an aux transmission cooler. It won't fit the threads on the new radiator.

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

It looks great so far. No shroud?

Have you tried a local plumbing store for fittings if Lowe's/Home Depot doesn't have what you need?

What's up with the gloves? LOL!

I just can't work with any type of gloves on. LOL!

It looks great so far. No shroud?

Have you tried a local plumbing store for fittings if Lowe's/Home Depot doesn't have what you need?

Nope, no shroud yet. Haven't had time to go, I usually don't get automotive stuff from HD or Lowes unless I need tools. Yea, I love the surgical gloves. Keeps hands from getting greasy and dirty.

Try the Venom black nitrite gloves at Lowes. I can do some pretty intricate repairs with them on & don't feel tight. They are a little pricey, but your hands will thank you & maybe your wife.

Nice radiator, and priced below a re core in my area. Napa should have whatever fittings that you will need.

Try the Venom black nitrite gloves at Lowes. I can do some pretty intricate repairs with them on & don't feel tight. They are a little pricey, but your hands will thank you & maybe your wife.

Nice radiator, and priced below a re core in my area. Napa should have whatever fittings that you will need.
I'll check those out. The wife loves non-greasy hands,lol.

Here's the fitting that's not fitting on the transmission line nipple....it would grip the damn threads tight enough. I tried wrapping a little plumbers tape around the threads on the nipple then screw down the fitting but it didn't work worth a crap. Like I said the nipple threads don't seem to be standard...and the actual nipple itself is welded into the tank.....it doesn't come out. On the stock radiator they unscrew. Everything went off without a hitch other than this stupid little ****.

259-98200.jpg

I think you have a mix of flare and pipe thread had that problem on my peterbilt and could not find a fitting or multiple fittings to correct but if your in small sizes you should be able cross something.

Back