I pulled the trigger on 2019 Scat Pack Charger

I didn't think a handicap placard was necessary in a Scat Pack Charger. I'd park as far away as possible from the entrance doors.
Also, Bob, you are no longer qualified to shop at Walmart.

Jeez, I'll have to find one of those special handicap parking spots at Walmart with room on both sides.

Jeez, I'll have to find one of those special handicap parking spots at Walmart with room on both sides.
Doesn't matter Bob. I have an HC plate on the mini an I've been marked on all 4 sidez and I've only owned that ride ah year, and you don't have to park at Wally-World to get marked. Thinkin' about havin' 'bout 50 ' of 4" or 6" well casing welded on the frame railz and stub frame on all 4 side in self preservation. Looking forward to the demo ride come July Pal, See yeah then. Jer

Doesn't matter Bob. I have an HC plate on the mini an I've been marked on all 4 sidez and I've only owned that ride ah year, and you don't have to park at Wally-World to get marked. Thinkin' about havin' 'bout 50 ' of 4" or 6" well casing welded on the frame railz and stub frame on all 4 side in self preservation. Looking forward to the demo ride come July Pal, See yeah then. Jer

I'm looking forward to meeting you at Carlisle Jer!

Got the tint done. 35% so it is legal in Maryland.

20190418_160050.jpg

Just to confirm for everyone the 6.4l Hemi has MDS so it will run on either 4 or 8 cylinders depending on engine demand/speed etc. best way to defeat it is to use the paddle shifters and manually shift the 8spd

Just to confirm for everyone the 6.4l Hemi has MDS so it will run on either 4 or 8 cylinders depending on engine demand/speed etc. best way to defeat it is to use the paddle shifters and manually shift the 8spd

In every Hemi I have driven or rode in, the MDS system is virtually imperceptible - the only way you can really tell is due to a slight change in the exhaust tone on some of the cars I have experienced. Chrysler has been among the best at making some of these type systems imperceptible. Even their 48V hybrid assist systems released last year are seamless compared to a lot of the other jerky hybrid systems out there.

Burke Brown was the chief engineer of the LX cars, which were introduced in mid 2004 as a 2005 model. I worked with him side by side at Chrysler for a couple years long before he got the LX assignment, and he is still one of my best friends. I heard a lot of stories from him about how he didn't rest until the MDS system was seamless. He told me that GM delayed their system a year before implementing theirs in their cars once they had driven the LX with MDS. He said he saw a couple of GM engineers crawling all around under one of the auto show cars to try and figure out what Chrysler did to make theirs perform so well. He also told me that he fought the guys from Diamler who were always nagging him to cut costs like a dog. He wasn't going to have any of that on his watch and he never budged. That the same basic platform is still going strong today in the form of the Scat Pack is testimony to holding the line. Great cars.

Last edited:
I've had my MDS Jeep since 2006 and still can't tell when it switches modes. My daughter has a 2012 version and it has an idiot light but she finds it distracting on long trips.

My 05 Magnum does have a little rough idle and a vibration due to the MDS. I'm used to it so it doesn't bother me but it is noticeable.

My 18 Ram has a green ECO light on the dash that lights up. I have no idea what the Scat Pack has....I haven't seen anything light up....or could tell if and when it's running on 4 cylinders.

My 05 Magnum does have a little rough idle and a vibration due to the MDS. I'm used to it so it doesn't bother me but it is noticeable.

That probably isn't due to the MDS system Chris, which isn't operative at idle at all by design.

That probably isn't due to the MDS system Chris, which isn't operative at idle at all by design.
I was in a bit of a hurry. I should've said as it is lowering to idle and picking up off of idle. I'm pretty sure it is the MDS as it doesn't do it in Auto Stick mode.

I was in a bit of a hurry. I should've said as it is lowering to idle and picking up off of idle. I'm pretty sure it is the MDS as it doesn't do it in Auto Stick mode.

Then there must be a fault in one of the input sensors to the system since MDS doesn't operate at idle or just off-idle, but it might on deceleration possibly - not sure and can't see why there would be any measureable fuel savings on decel if it were to operate under those conditions.

I really know little about how it works Steve, I am going by what I've read on the LX forums. There is no CEL or any codes. The fact that the MDS is deactivated in the auto stick mode is what I'm basing my diagnosis on. Its minor enough the I'm not even concerned about it. Mentioned it only because the subject came up here. It's more fun in auto stick anyway!

My 18 Ram has a green ECO light on the dash that lights up. I have no idea what the Scat Pack has....I haven't seen anything light up....or could tell if and when it's running on 4 cylinders.
The only place it shows up is if you scroll through your cluster displays until you get to fuel economy. Once in ECO mode there will be a "4 CYL" indication in the middle of that gauge display. Step on it, and it goes off.

The only place it shows up is if you scroll through your cluster displays until you get to fuel economy. Once in ECO mode there will be a "4 CYL" indication in the middle of that gauge display. Step on it, and it goes off.

Thanks Peter.

I've only had the Scat Pack for 24 hours. I'm still learning. Haven't cracked the owners manual open yet. I did review the Hellcat Tips!

Very, very nice. I hope you're getting discounts on these, I would have given you a control # if you wanted one.

Back