I pulled the trigger on 2019 Scat Pack Charger

The ONLY 1971 numbers matching Hemi 4 speed Cuda convertible left (out of 11 produced) on the planet sold at Mecum Seattle 2014 for $3.5M.

That was from 2014, someone is left holding the hot potato because, I doubt you could get more for it now. However, I am not a good judge of stupidity though.

That was from 2014, someone is left holding the hot potato because, I doubt you could get more for it now. However, I am not a good judge of stupidity though.

The talk before that auction was predicting that that car was going to bring $5 Million and it sold at $3.5 Million. That is the high water mark I believe in the foreseeable future.

There were only 3 cars produced with a Hemi 4 speed convertible in 1971. The other 100 or so 1971 Hemi convertible Cuda's were all automatics.

A E body Cuda is a pretty uncomfortable car, especially for us older types.
I have rode in a 318 convertible Challenger, a better car than the Cuda, more solid doors, 2" longer wheelbase and more trunk, longer 1/4 panel also with the character line to reduce the oil can tinney sound of the bowed 1/4 on the Cuda.
That Challenger had a lot of flex and movement compared to my hardtop. I can only imagine the uneasiness of the chassis on a Hemi 4 speed ragtop..

A E body Cuda is a pretty uncomfortable car, especially for us older types.
I have rode in a 318 convertible Challenger, a better car than the Cuda, more solid doors, 2" longer wheelbase and more trunk, longer 1/4 panel also with the character line to reduce the oil can tinney sound of the bowed 1/4 on the Cuda.
That Challenger had a lot of flex and movement compared to my hardtop. I can only imagine the uneasiness of the chassis on a Hemi 4 speed ragtop..
I meant your math, 9+3=12
11 '71 Hemi Cuda convertibles. :poke:

I meant your math, 9+3=12
11 '71 Hemi Cuda convertibles. :poke:

Couple, two, tree. So what? Waddya want from me?

What do you want from me.JPG

:poke:

I bought a brand new Ralleye Challenger 340 auto in 1973. I was 18 and weighed 161 lbs back then.....

My Army buddies got their first look under my Scat Pack and were quite impressed with what they saw. I would of taken more pictures but the sun was at an angle that ended with total glare and the picture looked like a gigantic sunspot.

20191026_101107.jpg

Back