"If only it was closer"

How far would you go?

• Total voters
Hell... I drove to North Carolina to get a dog...

For that, I would drive to NC too.

I didn't know North Carolina was that famous for their dogs.

Obviously I went to Missouri and back to get a car, 2100 miles round trip. After doing that I think I wouldnt have trouble going across the country BUT its gotta be "THE CAR"

Really? For this?.....

images.jpg

images (1).jpg

images (1).jpg

images.jpg

That hearse from the Netherlands traveled even further with you. :)

True, but I was in Germany when I purchased it in Belgium, so I really didn't travel too far originally to get it. But, when you count the shipping to Houston, I guess you could count it as the furthest I've been to acquire a car.

My current stash of cars is this:

1) '66 Coronet was bought in CO (CO car originally)
2) '78 NYBS bought in IA (IA car from new, had it delivered to me in OK)
3) '68 D100 #1 bought in KS (TX panhandle truck new)
4) '68 D100 #2 bought in IA (CO truck new)
5) '76 Buick came from WA (WA car new)
6) The Imperial was bought locally, as were the other three daily drivers.

Last edited:
When I was still single, I bought a sight unseen rust free 1990 Dakota Convertible (base) truck out of California. I wish I still kind of had it but, life at the time lol. Anyways, I flew in from North Dakota to Los Angeles. Drove the truck from Hollywood, CA to Garden Grove, CA. Then took PCH1 all the way to Crescent City, CA and then snaked my way to Bothell, WA. Towed the truck from Bothell, WA to Minot, ND. Drove the truck from Minot, ND to Indianapolis, IN. This this all within the same month lol. Here's a picture of the truck at Mount St. Helens. 100_0688.jpg

100_0688.jpg

Also, I bought a 79 Lil Red Express a long time ago and drove that all the way from Columbus, OH to Bothell, WA.

So it looks as of today that the consensus is that four of us would travel a short distance, 13 would go a moderate distance, and 22 would go a long way. I was originally guessing that the moderate and long distance would have been reversed. That means the distance rule applies to less than half of us.

There's a lot of its, ands, or buts to the question, Peter.
I say I'd travel an hour. Seems like I say that 9 times out of 10.
If someone offered me a steal for a 100 pt #1 version of my Newport only with a 4 speed, and he told me it had to be out of his place within 24 hrs, I'd put Pamela in a nursing home, the cats in a pet motel, borrow against my home equity, and be at Orlando International within 3 hours.

So it looks like I won't be flying anywhere... :D

Posted via Topify on Android

Once again, you're trying to call me out on the overly dramatic choice of words to
enhance the the situation presented in order to add to the overall humor.
Nobody's offering me that car.

But if they did, and you set it up ....that you would take all those steps and we all know you're FOS

I'm not full of ****.
Anybody that takes that seriously and just HAS TO comment on it as if it was serious , I don't take seriously.

You are so full of double standards.......If nothing else you are entertaining with your twists and turns. You should have been a politician

Sorry Stan, wrong again......you already forgot what I said last week ? You should make that a room for two.

Here, I'll even be nice long enough to let your hair lie flat again. Room for two with a king size.

Back