If you have Harbor Freight Jackstands...

Good tools aren't cheap, cheap tools aren't good.
I have that written right on my invoices. My customers get a kick out of it

Words to live by, or in this case die by.

i got most of my tools out of the trunks of junk cars. any tool is only as good as the man who uses it and that's a fact.

So if I put a wrench on a bolt and the wrench bends then snaps where does that put me in your quote?

So if I put a wrench on a bolt and the wrench bends then snaps where does that put me in your quote?
Two things, according to rags, Dave... 1) You're no good, and 2) In the emergency room with a lacerated hand because that POS, you found in the trunk of a car at the bone yard let you down.:rofl:

I agree Dave, I but I have.to ask, whom are the bigger idiots, the ones who make it or the ones who buy it?

I agree Dave, I but I have.to ask, whom are the bigger idiots, the ones who make it or the ones who buy it?

I don't think the folks producing the China Crap are idiots, they are lazy fast buck artists with no concept of quality control. Buyers buy this crap because it is cheap and some of it actually does work, for awhile at least. In the end Caveat Emptor applies, you also get what you pay for when it comes to quality.

Dave

Aw crap my car is sitting on a pair of those 6 ton ones right now. I was under it last night doing a tranny pan drop service (and welding in a drain plug bung)
and again just now checking the item numbers!
I do leave the jack under the front crossmember though

Harbor Freight CEO may be facing an unending series of product liability lawsuits, this is his good faith "out". I would love to see a class action suit filed against the Chicoms for all the defective/substandard crap that they have sold here.

Dave
A lot (most) of the responsibility should be shouldered by the ones that are supposed to inspect the product to make sure that specs are met, but not rejecting faulty product.

I don't think the folks producing the China Crap are idiots, they are lazy fast buck artists with no concept of quality control. Buyers buy this crap because it is cheap and some of it actually does work, for awhile at least. In the end Caveat Emptor applies, you also get what you pay for when it comes to quality.

Dave
Many people buy on price alone, versus total value. As you’ve stated, ‘Ceveat Emptor’...

Many people buy on price alone, versus total value. As you’ve stated, ‘Ceveat Emptor’...

I didnt buy a lift because I couldn't afford the American made one.

I need a new Jack but refuse to buy the Chinamans Jackson.

I do buy Redwing made in America shoes at $350 bucks. I go through great lengths not to buy China stuff. Only if I gotta.

I didnt buy a lift because I couldn't afford the American made one.

I need a new Jack but refuse to buy the Chinamans Jackson.

I do buy Redwing made in America shoes at $350 bucks. I go through great lengths not to buy China stuff. Only if I gotta.
Try and buy a set of measuring cups for cooking that are made in the USA... I finally bought a set at a garage sale.

Try and buy a set of measuring cups for cooking that are made in the USA... I finally bought a set at a garage sale.

I refused to buy a Chinamans spaghetti fork. Nothing made in the states. I bought a sterling silver piece in the antique shop for three bucks.

Back