If you were GIVEN the car AND...

I'd take this:
1967_Dodge_Deora_Van_Concept_ChicagoAutoShow.jpg

'67Dodge Deora

Glenn

I've got two for you. First is my photochopped "Newbird" as I've taken to calling it... Ideally it would run a twin turboed 440 and 250 at Bonneville...
5-01-2013-006-800x538.jpg

The second would be a car I've been looking at for a year or so, with the idea of a 50s style custom with viper suspension and an aluminum blocked Gen III hemi...
36896_222752_1949_Chrysler_2-Dr+Hardtop.jpg
But I'm always benchracing and building cars on paper. Call the curse of the dirt-poor gearhead

5-01-2013-006-800x538.jpg

36896_222752_1949_Chrysler_2-Dr+Hardtop.jpg

LOL it's quite badly done... I've done some research and a converision kit for a roadrunner to a superbird should fit... but I think id rather do it in steel (the nose at least) and this is one project im serious about... but of course I'd need a car first... and a garage, lift, welder, beadroller, air compresser, maybe a mill and a lathe...

Who else here would be determind to do it all themselves? Though I'd pay someone for showcar level paint...

Very nice Ross!

Bring that Imp to Carlisle and have a few days of fun with us!

It might even win a class trophy!

More like banging off the bump stops.

You know.... a hydraulic rotary actuator on the end of the torsion bars and a little ingenuity and you could make that car raise and lower.

You know.... a hydraulic rotary actuator on the end of the torsion bars and a little ingenuity and you could make that car raise and lower.

I had a similar idea but using an electric worm gear and sprocket... I've got a couple ideas about a torsion bar rear suspension for a c-body too but I'm no engineer lol

...the money to customize one car because Ma Mopar didn't allow the designers to go that far, what would it be?

Posted via Topify on Android

Sticking to Commando1's criteria, I would not change the styling of anything, because I like what Chrysler Corporation put out.

On the engineering side, I'd go with the 426 Hemi in the 300 Hurst and Sport Fury GT. I understand that Chrysler Corp was considering the Hemi as part of these packages but shied away due to cost.

Aww don't start that... I thought this was the only mopar forum that didn't have an unhealthy obsession for the Gen II Hemi...

Back