I'll start the official Carlisle thread

300rag

It's Not Going to Shift Itself
Reaction score
Let's check in here. Include where you are staying and how long if you can. Are you showing, selling parts, or just visiting? I'm trying to get my schedule so I can attend and then go to Moparfest before I head home.

Let's check in here. Include where you are staying and how long if you can. Are you showing, selling parts, or just visiting? I'm trying to get my schedule so I can attend and then go to Moparfest before I head home.

Great Peter! Hope to see you there. I'm staying at the Hotel Carlisle Wednesday through Saturday. Probably flying but still possibly driving. If I drive I'll bring parts to sell to help pay for the trip. Will be hanging out in the swap meet with Bob Baker who makes the "C" Body seat backs and arm rests. He will have a spot there. Went last year for the first time and now I'm hooked!

I will be there, Thursday through Sunday. Staying at the Holiday inn, the new one across from Hoss's.
I think this is the 23rd year for this event.... i missed one.

I will have shirts available for those who missed their opportunity last year....

I have gone through the whole event web page, but can't seem to locate a schedule of events. Is there one? What happens on the Sunday?

I have gone through the whole event web page, but can't seem to locate a schedule of events. Is there one? What happens on the Sunday?

Schedule of events will be posted a couple of weeks prior.

What happens on Sunday........

Dave and a couple of Canadians telling Mopar stories and waving at everybody leaving. :poke:

I'll be there Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday. I don't know where I'm staying yet.

I am not certain if they still have a give away at 3pm, they used to give a car away or an engine, I believe the engine give away is Saturday.

Sunday is the award announcements and they have what they call a parade of award winners. Which is nothing more than a photo shoot. Every car that won an award gets to sit in a line in the Carlisle sun for what could be hours for the final few. The destination is in front of the Carlisle stage and grandstands with Miss Carlisle and the Owner of Carlisle standing next to the winner with their award.

For those who dont want to wait you can receive your award as soon as they are announced.

112644 2004 First place at Carlisle.jpg113633 2003  Carlisle.JPG255646 2005  taking 3rd place at Carlisle.jpg276921 2005 Second place modified.jpg

112644 2004 First place at Carlisle.jpg

113633 2003  Carlisle.JPG

255646 2005  taking 3rd place at Carlisle.jpg

276921 2005 Second place modified.jpg

You wanna be there Thursday. Even though you may not be looking for a part you may find something that wont be there Friday. Unfortunately many people leave on Saturday night or early Sunday morning.

A few years ago we arrived on Wednesday, spent the afternoon at the motel, in the pool, a nice dinner and a evening cruise. Up early Thursday to the diner and at the grounds by 7 am. My wife picks out our spot for the weekend and we set the tents. No two hour drive straight to the grounds....

If you are asking for recommendations, I suggest Thursday over Sunday

I haven't figured out where we're staying yet. I'm thinking about the Hampton Inn in Mechanicsburg, but I'm not sure. I think I got enough points to stay a couple nights for free.

We'll drive down on Thursday and hit the field on Friday, stay Saturday and drive home Sunday.

Everything is always subject to change, but that's the plan.

Coming down Thursday, staying until Sunday afternoon. Haven't hammered out the hotel details yet. Damn now the anticipation is killing me, again. Part of the fun was putting the pedal down across the PA turnpike...and seeing fellow mopar drivers along the way. There was one rest station we stopped at that had at least nine or ten various Chryslers (fuselage, slab, and formal) cars in the paring lot.

I'll be there on Wednesday and stay till Sunday, not sure where yet, maybe Marks backyard...

First timer, I'm planning on going. I won't have the Pile of Rusty metal there, but I'd love to meet some fellow FCBO members. What are the dates?

Coming down Thursday, staying until Sunday afternoon. Haven't hammered out the hotel details yet. Damn now the anticipation is killing me, again. Part of the fun was putting the pedal down across the PA turnpike...and seeing fellow mopar drivers along the way. There was one rest station we stopped at that had at least nine or ten various Chryslers (fuselage, slab, and formal) cars in the paring lot.

YEP.......that's cool cruising the Turnpike and seeing all the other Mopar's heading to Carlisle. It's also cool to see the mass of Mopar's on all of the 4-6 lanes of the exit ramp trying to get through the toll booth at Carlisle. Great time to roll the windows down and hear the Mopar thunder.....

Since I live not too far away, I plan to be there Friday morning and stay, at least, for the day. Might come back again Saturday for some additional schmoozing.

Back