I'll start the official Carlisle thread

hmmm.....You're right....let me rephrase that.

It was great to meet those of you that I did get to meet. There were some in the picture I did not have the pleasure of meeting.

Well since we're talking about it ... how about some pics anyway ? emoticonbigsmile.gif

emoticonbigsmile.gif

We had a great 3 days at Carlisle last weekend. So many Mopars, so many parts, so many people to talk with and learn from. Next time we will stay longer. Doug & Kevin

Yes what a show, ive been going for the last 10 years and the C-body contengent has never been so big,there was a sea of c-bodys (no pun intended) I finally got to place faces to names .It was a pleasure meeting some of the guys and their wives.Dave(polara71)two awsome looking cars.Thanks for the shirt.Will(blue fury361) jezzabelle is even more pretty in person.Thanks for the cold water.And Matt(Detmatt)who by the way cleans up pretty good.lol Your Impereal with that silver interior is stunning.Thanks for showing me how to remove your back seat without doing any damage,it was worth missing the beauty contest for.LOL, I regret not being there for the group photo,but I was on the hunt for 63 fury wagon parts,which by the way are rarer then hens teeth.The weather was awsome nice during the day and real cool at nite,great camping weather,im sure will(bigblue361)can atest to that.Anyway it was great meeting you guys and hopefully meet more of you next year..,John

Ellie and I are sitting in a KOA in Asheville NC right now. We will be home tomorrow some time.

Were still savoring the great time we had in Carlisle ...... It was such fun meeting so many of the FCBO members ..... What a great group and i'm proud to be associated with y'all.

Ellie is still flying high ...... can't stop smiling. I had to teather her to the console before dropping the top. LOL.
Jazebelle is doing well, but not happy about dragging "Fins up" around.

I didn't shoot as many pictures at Carlisle as I usually do. I'll post what I have once I get home. Thanks Bob, for your shots, and I think Dave will be posting some good ones too.

That is just outstanding Doug!

By the way, I didn't see my Super Bee or Challenger at Carlisle.

Is there a way that I can contact the Wisconsin Motor Vehicle Administration or maybe find a historical info contact from Peters Dodge (no longer in business as Peters Dodge) on South 27th St in Milwaukee, Wisconsin to find any registration or sales history or VIN's on both my cars that I bought from them in 1971 and 1973 or registration records from the MVA during 1971-1976? I was young and dumb back in those days and I didn't understand the importance of VIN's. It sure would be nice to find out if my cars are still alive.

That car looks great in white, love it!

Looks like you have the power bulge hood....same as my Super Bee.

Very nice Doug. What's changed?

Mostly things you can't see. The engine was rebuilt this year. Entire drive line has been rebuilt. Brakes, suspension, wheels, tires, ignition, cooling, etc. have all been redone. I haven't done any cosmetics. The interior is original and still nice. The body is good but needs a correct color repaint. It's an original white car but is the wrong shade of white. It was a stripe delete car. The stripe was added in the last repaint around 2000. Here's a picture from '69 or '70 I got from the original owner in MT. Notice the passenger's door doesn't line up in the picture so the door hasn't been hung correctly since new. The car went through BJ in 2001. It didn't sell at auction and the owner in CA 'bought it back' from BJ. A guy in Iowa bought it from that owner and brought it to Iowa. I bought it from him.

When Joe owned it_600.jpg

BJ_Auction_01.jpg

Is there a way that I can contact the Wisconsin Motor Vehicle Administration or maybe find a historical info contact from Peters Dodge (no longer in business as Peters Dodge) on South 27th St in Milwaukee, Wisconsin to find any registration or sales history or VIN's on both my cars that I bought from them in 1971 and 1973 or registration records from the MVA during 1971-1976? I was young and dumb back in those days and I didn't understand the importance of VIN's. It sure would be nice to find out if my cars are still alive.

I got lucky. Before all the 911 regs kicked in in the 2000s, I contacted the MT DMV. They send me copies of microfiche title and lien records of my car back to the dealer. So I have a record of allmost all the owners. There were a couple of brothers that owned the car in the late 70's and the ownership is a bit sketchy.

You can try but it's doubtful they will be able to give you much. I have a lot of 69 STL built cars on file, some Lynch Road cars and fewer LA built cars. If you can find the VIN (have you tired your old insurance agent? They may still have something) let me know and I'll see if I've run across the car or I know another guy that has a lot of VINs on file.

I got lucky. Before all the 911 regs kicked in in the 2000s, I contacted the MT DMV. They send me copies of microfiche title and lien records of my car back to the dealer. So I have a record of allmost all the owners. There were a couple of brothers that owned the car in the late 70's and the ownership is a bit sketchy.

You can try but it's doubtful they will be able to give you much. I have a lot of 69 STL built cars on file, some Lynch Road cars and fewer LA built cars. If you can find the VIN (have you tired your old insurance agent? They may still have something) let me know and I'll see if I've run across the car or I know another guy that has a lot of VINs on file.

Thanks Doug. I'll let you know what I find.

Back