I'm bracing for flogging and the flame... Dumb questions...

This thread reminds me of the song...
johnny-cashs-one-piece-at-a-time-car-working-class-ingenuity.jpg

Then I'll probably clean up the engine bay. I want to keep it pretty much stock, but it really looks like a cluttered mess in there.

Once that's done, I'll work more on aesthetics. Repainting the air filter housing, wiper motor, brake booster, etc. Make it real nice and pretty, but not flashy.
You're starting with a nice car... please don't screw it up...
68-np-jpg.jpg
This looks very good to me, maybe a little cleaning touch up paint... But I'm a weirdo, I really don't like to see one that has had everything pulled apart just to be detailed to death... if you find yourself wiping hoses to make them pretty, we wont be on the same wavelength. I do agree with cleaning and painting parts that come out, if they need it for corrosion protection or you're doing a rebuild... I've seen engines that went through the cleaning process of rebuilding and then were not painted... the next guy will break a lot of bolts on those.

There are a number of us who do not open our hoods for display, because the cars are beautiful and engines are engines... Whatever you're seeing as clutter escapes me, this old girl looks very correct under the hood. Love her and preserve her.

You're starting with a nice car... please don't screw it up...
View attachment 236936 This looks very good to me, maybe a little cleaning touch up paint... But I'm a weirdo, I really don't like to see one that has had everything pulled apart just to be detailed to death... if you find yourself wiping hoses to make them pretty, we wont be on the same wavelength. I do agree with cleaning and painting parts that come out, if they need it for corrosion protection or you're doing a rebuild... I've seen engines that went through the cleaning process of rebuilding and then were not painted... the next guy will break a lot of bolts on those.

There are a number of us who do not open our hoods for display, because the cars are beautiful and engines are engines... Whatever you're seeing as clutter escapes me, this old girl looks very correct under the hood. Love her and preserve her.

AFGWG,

To give you a benefit of the doubt, I believe C-body owners, more than perhaps any other "niche" of auto enthusiasts, use our cars for their intended purpose. That's probably why we're as offended at the idea of just swapping things around FFS.

While you'll find other Mopar people (and other old car owners) knitting air cleaner cozy's, arranging stuffed animals at shows, or ordering color-keyed tire valve stems, C-body people tend to be about driving the cars...

C-bodies out getting exercise.

Especially well preserved examples, which yours appears to be. I'd say this is one part 1) they're still cheaper than many other old cars and one part 2) they are better to drive than most others. Some of them are still going to work everyday, even in the cold.

17498873_10212327135762893_3907271119572597786_n(2)_edit.jpg

2017-dodge-magnum-release-date-1-jpg.jpg

There is a lot of photoshop help on that 1/4... 5 seconds with a "stretch" tool would equal 100 hours of welding and blocking...

View attachment 236956
There is a lot of photoshop help on that 1/4... 5 seconds with a "stretch" tool would equal 100 hours of welding and blocking...
Yup, a lot of work involved. That's why I said "tempted". The top of the magnum fender has to be changed to match up to the hood and the rear where it matches up to the door has to be retained. Then there is the cost to acquire the Charger front clip. Not going to happen but I do love the look.

I've never liked that blunt square look even on the 300's. I think the latest generation Charger is one of the best looking front end out there today.

Apparently UHaul won't rent us the flatbed trailer to haul the car.
I don't want to put it on a car dolly.
Tow companies want $3-$4/mile (it's 250 miles)

Now I have to hope I can borrow a trailer big enough, or this whole thing is a wash, and I'm gonna go pout. I'm not comfortable driving the car for the 250 mile trip without going through everything first.

Apparently UHaul won't rent us the flatbed trailer to haul the car.
I don't want to put it on a car dolly.
Tow companies want $3-$4/mile (it's 250 miles)

Now I have to hope I can borrow a trailer big enough, or this whole thing is a wash, and I'm gonna go pout. I'm not comfortable driving the car for the 250 mile trip without going through everything first.
I think there are a lot of threads up here that talk about this very issue. I've never done it myself so I'll mum up but someone will chime in. In the meantime, look through this:
U-haul trailers
I can't remember fully but some answers are there.

Back