I'm bracing for flogging and the flame... Dumb questions...

Technically, it's not and my example is a lot closer to reality. Your Glock example is an exchange of parts without metalwork, and your C-body example (beyond the obvious differences in body lines which would inhibit things like doors opening, etc.) moves far from "plug 'n play".

The commonality between C-bodies, especially in their first generation ('65-'68) are items like mechanical parts and some glass, not exterior panels and trim.

If you expect to swap those around, you'll need grinders, torches, etc. And if you are asking an Internet forum, you probably lack the skill to produce much more than scrap. Somewhere on this forum you'll find a person with big plans to change his whole front and rear suspension, who then became stumped by removing the radio. What do you suppose the odds are of that car ending up no more than a pile of damaged parts?

Everybody's got to start somewhere. No one did anything they were instantly an expert at. Better to ask first than to ask after you're *** deep in crap.

Technically, it's not and my example is a lot closer to reality. Your Glock example is an exchange of parts without metalwork, and your C-body example (beyond the obvious differences in body lines which would inhibit things like doors opening, etc.) moves far from "plug 'n play".

The commonality between C-bodies, especially in their first generation ('65-'68) are items like mechanical parts and some glass, not exterior panels and trim.

If you expect to swap those around, you'll need grinders, torches, etc. And if you are asking an Internet forum, you probably lack the skill to produce much more than scrap. Somewhere on this forum you'll find a person with big plans to change his whole front and rear suspension, who then became stumped by removing the radio. What do you suppose the odds are of that car ending up no more than a pile of damaged parts?

I would know the parts weren't a direct swap if someone had given me a straight answer as opposed to a snarky euphemism. ;)

I haven't seen any C bodies in person. That changes on Saturday.

I would know the parts weren't a direct swap if someone had given me a straight answer as opposed to a snarky euphemism. ;)

I haven't seen any C bodies in person. That changes on Saturday.

Boo hoo snowflake. You're the one who said you were ready to get flamed and that it was a dumb question. Now I'm supposed to second-guess whatever you write?

Boo hoo snowflake. You're the one who said you were ready to get flamed and that it was a dumb question. Now I'm supposed to second-guess whatever you write?
You have an extra chromosome or something?

The only parts that swap easily are from the 68 New Yorker. I prefer the NYer grill and frankly if I were to buy a 68 Newport convertible it would end up with NYer grill and tail lights. Just my preference. Personally I think you've picked a very sharp car.

When you said it will be going off to the lift to go over the brakes will you be doing the work or someone else? When I did my NYer I found that the bleeders in the wheel cylinders were metric, urgh.

Also I looked at the under hood picture you posted I don't see anything there that shouldn't be there. I would be an FSM and start reviewing it before removing anything. You don't want to make any headaches for yourself.

You can check out the thread where I've documented a lot of the resuscitation my NYer The Saga of the Ugly Duckling.

Enjoy getting acquainted with your new ride.

The only parts that swap easily are from the 68 New Yorker. I prefer the NYer grill and frankly if I were to buy a 68 Newport convertible it would end up with NYer grill and tail lights. Just my preference. Personally I think you've picked a very sharp car.

When you said it will be going off to the lift to go over the brakes will you be doing the work or someone else? When I did my NYer I found that the bleeders in the wheel cylinders were metric, urgh.

Also I looked at the under hood picture you posted I don't see anything there that shouldn't be there. I would be an FSM and start reviewing it before removing anything. You don't want to make any headaches for yourself.

You can check out the thread where I've documented a lot of the resuscitation my NYer The Saga of the Ugly Duckling.

Enjoy getting acquainted with your new ride.

I'll be doing most of the work myself. I'll be downloading the FSM shortly, right now I'm weighing options of transporting it.

I forgot to mention that it looked like the master cylinder on your car is a disc brake master. Toward the end of my thread you'll see that I had issues getting to brake correctly because someone before me put the wrong master on it.

Yeah, mines a 4dr sedan, but mechanically they are pretty much the same.

I forgot to mention that it looked like the master cylinder on your car is a disc brake master. Toward the end of my thread you'll see that I had issues getting to brake correctly because someone before me put the wrong master on it.

Yeah, mines a 4dr sedan, but mechanically they are pretty much the same.
From what I read in the post regarding your MC, mine is correct for drums, 2 equal sections.

The one you posted has 2 different sizes sections:
upload_2016-6-16_9-50-10.png

The one on my car-to-be has equal sections .

68 NP.jpg

Two equal sections is a drum brake MC. When you get that far, wiper motors were not painted in most cases from the factory. They had a natural metal finish on both the motor body and the pot metal gear drive assembly Many rebuilt units were painted flat black. Brake boosters were typically a flat matte black although some had a natural metal finish also.

Dave

I just watched a bunch of 68 Newport videos on YouTube.
I'm not changing anything about this car. These people are making me sick.

Like John, I too am versed in 68 Chrysler.
There's a few of us here that can help.
None of the 66 Chrysler body panels interchange.
Yet the majority of the mechanical do interchange to a certain point.
Yet the 67 68 Chrysler are same with the exception of the rear tail panel and some front clip .
Some wiring and engine brackets are different IIRC
I would suggest to keep the mods simple and tasteful, Less work yet rewarding.
Blackout the original grille,or go New Yorker grille.
Paint the tail panel argent silver or satin black--details like that which are reversible and simple to do.
If you like the look of a 66 buy one.
thumbnail_BARGE ON A BUDGET 335.jpg

boab october 2017 002.JPG

carlisle 2016 016.JPG

33083938_10155874076887400_3425542898836307968_n.jpg

I love the 66 300 and have the luxury of being the caretaker of my buddy Rene's family heirloom..
I have first hand experiance in the 66 68 comparison.
1966 300 revival 036.JPG

1966 300 revival 038.JPG

Back