I'm hot

Marian

Reaction score
and tired. Now that I've got ya'lls attention. (Sorry for the lure) Needing help with the 65 Monaco 383. What do I need for the car to change to dual reservoir in the way of booster and such? Also where can I get the whole set up? Drums on front and back. It wasn't a good day in the shop today. First booster was to big and didn't fit the plate nor the firewall. Parts guy says "Drill some holes". I said "noooo, we need something that fits right". He calls the shop back after about 2 hours and says he can't get it to try rock auto. Ok, now I know someone out there has changed to dual and it's probably been discussed before. I just so friggin tired. I'm not use to being in a shop with no a/c when it's 102 outside. I'm not even use to being in a shop. Again, God bless you guys that do this for a living. I'll never complain again about my job. Oh, and while I'm at it...upholstery guy came by and said that they don't make the vinyl for the hard top. It's bumpy and almost feels rubbery. Kind of a diamond pattern. If someone knows where to find that, please add on. Did I mention that I'm a wimp and working in a shop for the last week and 4 days (my vacation) is wearing me out. <please someone bring me some cheese with my whine> I'm done.

I used a drum master and dual reservoir for a 68 newport for mine. Then the plumbing was done like this:

This is an old shot just after I did the conversion

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I used a drum master and dual reservoir for a 68 newport for mine. Then the plumbing was done like this:

This is an old shot just after I did the conversion

Hope that helps.

Thanks. Does help but where does one find a booster that fits?

Try these guys........

http://www.smsautofabrics.com/products/vinyl-tops.php

Example....

Levant.jpg

I have inquired about a vinyl top before and was told that I would need to send a sample as they cannot verify with out it. Although the top on my 383 car is not perfect,it is very respectable for being 48 years old. No way will I remove it to send a sample and then have the possibility of it not existing!

I have inquired about a vinyl top before and was told that I would need to send a sample as they cannot verify with out it. Although the top on my 383 car is not perfect,it is very respectable for being 48 years old. No way will I remove it to send a sample and then have the possibility of it not existing!

Take a look at their charts and select the ones that are close and have them send you a swatch...

I just may have what is supposed to be a very low mileage original master cylinder and booster from a '68 New Yorker. I'll get it ou tomorrow and post some pics here, remind me by bumping this in the morning.

I just may have what is supposed to be a very low mileage original master cylinder and booster from a '68 New Yorker. I'll get it ou tomorrow and post some pics here, remind me by bumping this in the morning.

Bumping Matt

I'm on it right now, stand by...

Really nice piece, I'm thinking it is a 20 thousand mile original.
$50 + shipping and it's yours.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Where did you see that?

I would say its a long winded way of saying aftermarket.

(on a '68 fury) im using the stock drum single diaphragm booster that was already on there, with a dual (disc/drum) reman MC I got from oreilys, with ECI hot rod brakes front disc conversion. Did not change the booster or add any prop valves or any of that stuff - left all the plumbing just how it was.

Really nice piece, I'm thinking it is a 20 thousand mile original.
$50 + shipping and it's yours.

Thanks for the offer. We went by our local store and ordered a Cardone that will fit the car. The shop parts guy already bought the dual chamber MC. You're an wonderful person for offering this piece of history. Again, thanks!

You're welcome and thanks for letting me know.

Back