Imperial Hauler/Dog Limo: WHITE RAM 2500 Laramie

you forum veterans and RAM owners know better than me...apparently megacabs are hard to get and/or they are kept so long by owners they rarely pop up in good shape and low mileage...not sure if that was dealership BS..or not? Seemed like the staff was on the up and up...

Mega's are rare yes but that doesn't necessarily make them more valuable as you have a smaller group to sell them to as opposed to a crewcab. That said if someone wants a Mega they will pay to get it so I think in the end it is a better buying decision down the road it will just take the right person to step up.

BTW Doc that thing is gonna be hated in the Handicap Parking Spot.....just sayin:poke:

Mega's are rare yes but that doesn't necessarily make them more valuable as you have a smaller group to sell them to as opposed to a crewcab. That said if someone wants a Mega they will pay to get it so I think in the end it is a better buying decision down the road it will just take the right person to step up.

BTW Doc that thing is gonna be hated in the Handicap Parking Spot.....just sayin:poke:
I always park way out on the parking lot perimeter with the Imperials and probably will with this Behemoth, too...

Nice truck Doc. That'll make getting around in the snow a breeze, but the doggy's might have a hard time jumpin' in the Ram compared your Imperials.
Check out the Dodge Ram forum at www.ramforumz.com The cover just about anything a Ram owner needs.
Enjoy the new ride.

Puppies first ride in Imperial hauler.
20190127_100331.jpg
20190127_100326.jpg
20190127_094955.jpg
20190127_095005.jpg

You mean the console...I'm wiping the leather down after every ride. Blankets on seats for now til we get covers.

Think I'm gonna invest in a monthly detailing package to keep this baby beautiful. The dogs just love the h*ll out of it. That diesel just puts them to sleep.

Correction.... Old Red sounds better...:poke::poke:

Actually the snow squeaking is louder than the truck. Must have been pretty cold!

I actually need some advice on diesel fuel and bitter cold weather...-22 to -25 temps coming...possibly -30...what's the scoop? What are you Canadians doing?
...I don't want to get stranded on the highway this week if I should do something special. Thanks.

I actually need some advice on diesel fuel and bitter cold weather...-22 to -25 temps coming...possibly -30...what's the scoop? What are you Canadians doing?
...I don't want to get stranded on the highway this week if I should do something special. Thanks.

The truck is designed to start at -17 not plugged in but it won’t like it. Make sure you plug in the block heater and do not run on a full tank of DEF it will freeze solid and the intank heaters are not designed to thaw a frozen tank that is full. We recommend running at 1/4 tank in cold weather. Do not use any additives in the fuel and make sure you fill up at a quality gas station to avoid crap fuel. The truck will automatically switch to high idle once started but there are instructions in the manual on how to increase idle speed using the cruise control to help with faster warmup. Turning the Jake Brake (wrong term I know) on will also make the truck heat faster.

Is your truck push start or turn the key start? Push start can be a PITA if it decides battery voltage is too low it won’t crank. There are work arounds if this happens. If it’s a turn key to start cycle the pre-heater 2-3 times before cranking if its really cold.

Oh also install the winter front that should have come with it if you are highway driving in the extreme cold.

The truck is designed to start at -17 not plugged in but it won’t like it. Make sure you plug in the block heater and do not run on a full tank of DEF it will freeze solid and the intank heaters are not designed to thaw a frozen tank that is full. We recommend running at 1/4 tank in cold weather. Do not use any additives in the fuel and make sure you fill up at a quality gas station to avoid crap fuel. The truck will automatically switch to high idle once started but there are instructions in the manual on how to increase idle speed using the cruise control to help with faster warmup. Turning the Jake Brake (wrong term I know) on will also make the truck heat faster.

Is your truck push start or turn the key start? Push start can be a PITA if it decides battery voltage is too low it won’t crank. There are work arounds if this happens. If it’s a turn key to start cycle the pre-heater 2-3 times before cranking if its really cold.
Wow Graham that's a lot of instructions. Might be easier to move to a warmer climate! :lol::poke:

Back