In The Center Of It All...

Over on the diesel board I frequent, a couple guys have added the Hubcentric rings to their trucks...with a new set of tires. After 20-30K miles, I think it was, the tires are out of round and the hubcentric rings won't benefit you any. Anyway they have found that they work quite well. I will probably get a set myself for my 1st gen crewcab when the time comes.

Crewcab

my 1st gen crewcab QUOTE]

Are you refering to a swepty crewcab....? Heres a pic of mine... daily driver.

new moons (Large).jpg

my 1st gen crewcab QUOTE]

Are you refering to a swepty crewcab....? Heres a pic of mine... daily driver.

Nice truck. Looks like you've done a lot to it. Can you tell us more about the truck?

:sSig_goodjob:

Nope my 84 D350 Crewcab...with a 89 Cummins and a NV4500 manual 5 speed....my daily driver too. Slowly fixing it up as I drive it.

PICT5492.jpg

Thanks Thrashingcows. I have been noticing that most aftermarket wheels are not hub centric so I wondered if the hub centric rings might be the way to go. Some of the rings are plastic but there are metal ones available too. I would think the metal ones would be best. You have a nice truck by the way. Both trucks are nice.

If you get a good set of acorn type wheel nuts...Believe Dorman 611-175 (1/2"-20) are a direct fit for all older mopars. These are from newer vehicle application, but have a nice big cone/acorn end.

$T2eC16VHJIYE9qUcNlGKBP9fyS,5+Q~~60_12.JPG

If you tighten these up slowly in a criss/cross pattern you chould be able to center the rim fairly well. Having the hubcentric rings will do the rest.

I got some for my 65 Dart since the slotted mag wheels I have bigger holes than the hubs. Didn't have when I put the wheels on, so just eyeballed the wheel centers. The wheels use mag nuts, not acorns, so can slide around a bit. I think the rings just aid in initial centering and you rely on the nuts to hold the dimension.

Thank you...always loved those swepty trucks. I get around 20-21 mpg locally. And seen just shy of 28 mpg on straight hwy running. Love the 89-93 cummins motors....mechanical everything, and just a darn easy motor to work on and maintain. Never go back to a gas powered mopar truck again.

http://www.hubcentric-rings.com I'm referring to these. They make up the difference between the center hole of the wheel and the axle/hub. I think these ones are plastic but, as I mentioned above, metal ones are available from various sources. I suppose, if these things actually work, it might even be worthwhile to have a machine shop make some up if the correct size isn't available.

Last edited:
Sorry I misunderstood the product you were asking about. Please ignore my comments above then....:icon_redface::eusa_doh:

Back