Interior Costs

65Fury440

Reaction score
I took my 65 Fury to 3 different upholstery shops and got prices to recover the 2 bench seats, and as an aside, recarpet the bottom of the door panels.

The lowest price was $1400 for seats and laying folded over strips on the top of the panels.

The second lowest was 900 labor for just the seats, plus material
(we wont know exactly how much material we are going to use, but around 10 yards@ $33 a yard, plus cotton,$450ish),

The highest price was $1800 for the seats, and he was too busy to work on the door panels.

I had all the seats of a 21 ft bowrider (boat) done really nicely for $1500 6 years ago, but in MI rather than FL.

Is this in line with what others are paying?

I am not even sure what seat frames I have, so it would be hit and miss to order from Legendary. And the time frame from them is crazy.

I am not asking for any crazy patterns or anything, just cloth insert where you sit, and vinyl borders.

The prices are me bringing them the seats and panels off the car.

If you really aren't worried about being "correct", I'll suggest this place.

Automotive Interiors & Accessories for cars, trucks, vans, & suvs

I did the seats in my 53 Windsor with their stuff and they turned out great. It's not all that hard to do... I had to strip my frames down and use new foam, but you probably won't need to. A warm sunny day relaxes the material and makes the job easier.

IMG_0544.jpg

I've got $8K in my interior but that includes EVERYTHING in the interior. The seat upholstery alone was $1,100+ from Legendary. I think you are in the neighborhood with the prices you were quoted. Before and after.

Before:
Interior1.jpg

Interior2.jpg

After:
IMG_9105.jpg

The Monaco is going to need the seats done eventually. Any other suppliers than Legendary that guys here have used? I'll have them installed locally but looking for someone with correct pattern and vinyl color.

The Monaco is going to need the seats done eventually. Any other suppliers than Legendary that guys here have used? I'll have them installed locally but looking for someone with correct pattern and vinyl color.
Legendary and SMS are really the only games in town for original looking covers.

I saw some Legendary material at one of the shows that looked dead-on correct for 65 Monaco (the Saddle Tan color . . . not sure about any others). But they don't make the Monaco pattern . . . and when I talked w/ them, they didn't seem very interested. Haven't found anybody that makes 'em . . . probably have to have stitched-up by a GOOD local shop. I've seen a lot of hideously butchered 65 Monaco seats that were supposedly "professionally done" . . .

just did this myself -

DFW price: $400 a bench. Got both benches in 'taxi cab' style (no pleats, no design, etc) black vinyl $800 cash money.

I did the door panels myself - dude wanted $250 per panel x4 panels. I used ABS plastic sheet. there is a post somewhere here about it.

Bought some carpet from trim parts or wherever, picked up my seats from dude, and installed it all myself.

But - yes - if you go stock/original patterns, and don't skimp, you are about to spend a couple grand at least.

Try not to die -

- Saylor

The 2 lowest asking prices don't seem unreasonable for the amount of work. The other one doesn't seem particularly motivated so stay clear. My .02.

Dependz on weather you have to have an original looking interior and need to line up all the Phillips headz or weather you can settle for just a spot on set of skinz that fit well with a very close color and a bit off pattern? A hawg ring pliers and ah box of ringz are chicken feed cheap. I bought Legendary front skins only for my Wife's '68 drop top Barracuda when I did it for her back in the late '80z and I hung 'um myself and they looked like Mother Mopar did 'um and matched the rear bench perfectly so it ain't Rocket Science. Like I said at the beginning, All you have to do iz decide what's going to make you happy and get after it. When you're done and you're happy you and the Lord and maybe Galen G. will know the truth, and Galen iz the only one that might open hiz Pie Hole and nobody likez him anyway. All you've gotta do to shut him up iz ask him whoz name iz on the title, Jer

One of the hurdles are not knowing what seat frames are in my car.

They have been recovered once, original skins are gone from seat, so I don't even know what covers to order.

I spoke to a shop next county down who was on his game,he wants $700. His work looks great. Will be taking them over next week.

Back