Interior restoration

Mr. Goodbuy

Reaction score
A0197069-CBF3-446E-AB61-D1171859C7AD.jpeg
02199062-F173-4657-A2D5-FBA9C35E59AC.jpeg
9B0DA239-D98F-421E-93C7-3AC77CAF185B.jpeg
I’m restoring a 65 Sport Fury Convertible. Can anyone recommend a reputable product supplier? I found SMS interiors in Oregon, and was about to order through them, then discovered quite a few consumer complaints which made me decide not to order from them. I’m looking to restore the entire interior. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks all .

Legendary has a couple real good discount sales during the year.

I think one of them comes up during the winter. Maybe someone who knows will chime in with what months they usually run the sales.

Jeff

Check the Legendary website for complete sewn upholstery kits. Unless something has changed, other than door panels, SMS sells "yard goods" for an upholstery shop to sew, but the correct ones for particular applications.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Not everything they offer is on the website.

If you don't see what you want, it's best to give them a call.

Jeff

View attachment 502798 View attachment 502799 View attachment 502800 I’m restoring a 65 Sport Fury Convertible. Can anyone recommend a reputable product supplier? I found SMS interiors in Oregon, and was about to order through them, then discovered quite a few consumer complaints which made me decide not to order from them. I’m looking to restore the entire interior. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks all .
Doing an off frame restoration of the exact car. Have my interior done and waiting to install. I got mine from Legendary Dark Metallic Navy (#320). I got front buckets with back panels, back seat, rear seat back panel, boot cover and well liner along with the door panels, front and back along with new chrome arm bases and carpeting. Long lead time. Ordered in July and received pieces with the final seats and door covers arriving in November but may have since improved. Expect $3,000 for the total package I purchased.

I also ordered a new convertible top but from a different vendor, ARO2000, pinpoint blue #1357 which was the original pattern and color (1965 Indy Pace Car). Material hard to find and this also had a long lead time since they had to wait for Haartz to make a run of this material but they do not make the top. This particular color and pattern apparently has limited demand so there is limited production. ARO2000 was the only one that I found carried it. Legendary use to do the top in this pattern and color but no more. I have done a lot of leg work on my restoration and continue to do so. In the event you have questions I would be happy to answer any you might have.

Last edited:
Legendary has a couple real good discount sales during the year.

I think one of them comes up during the winter. Maybe someone who knows will chime in with what months they usually run the sales.

Jeff
The actually have several sales per year and if possible, wait for one; 20%-25% discounts!

Check the Legendary website for complete sewn upholstery kits. Unless something has changed, other than door panels, SMS sells "yard goods" for an upholstery shop to sew, but the correct ones for particular applications.

Enjoy!
CBODY67
Lengendary; Heat Pressed like the originals. On my second, first in 1989 but now also have door panels.

I've used Legendary on a couple restorations in the past. Highest quality, great customer service. If they don't offer your seat covers than custom stitched at a high end trim shop is a good way to go.
Expensive either way, but the good stuff always costs more.

I heared that if you order from SMS today, youll have the interior in about 5+ years lol.

I ordered seatcovers from Legendary before, they are well worth it!

Back