Interiors

Cags70PolaraConvert

Reaction score
Getting ready to get my seats and interior redone on my convertible, anybody care to share some pics of their interiors so I might get some ideas on mixing\matching colors? My plan is for a dark blue and light blue vinyl combination. When I purchased my car it had a cloth material that has since faded to white so not sure what color scheme should be. The dashboard is dark blue, the metal under is a lighter blue. Door panels - background is light blue with dark blue in the middle of the door above the door handle. For the back I am not sure how to go as these pieces were covered in cloth and faded white. Any shares are greatly appreciated.

upload_2018-5-31_15-27-34.png

The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1970 Dodge Color & Trim Book - Polara

Thank you very much. What about the back seat though, especially the side panels. Would they panels be light blue with dark blue arm rests? That's the area I am having problems finding examples of.

Thank you, that blue on blue is my interior. Looks like they matched the light blue in the back and not mixed them on the side panels. Thanks again, this helped tremendously.

Funny though the dark blue\light blue pattern is reversed from the other post I received.

Funny though the dark blue\light blue pattern is reversed from the other post I received.

Here are two other Dodge illustrations showing contrasting patterns.

The first is from the Dodge Data Book for 1970 (p.8, courtesy of E-bodies.org). It shows dark inserts on the otherwise lighter door panels but (incorrectly) light inserts amid darker surrounds for the bench:

1970_Dodge_Data_Book_Monaco_Polara_Page_08.jpg

The second is from the Dodge Polara Fleet Buyer options and equipment book (p.5, courtesy of The 1970 Hamtramck Registry). It only shows the bench, with (correct) dark inserts amid light surrounding material:

1970 Dodge Polara Fleet buyer options & equipment 70_Fleet_Dodge_Color_trim0005.jpg

Last edited:
Notice they make no mention of white being available in the convertible?

I saw one in 85, again around 88 the same car again in 1998 or so. Never saw it again

Notice they make no mention of white being available in the convertible?

I saw one in 85, again around 88 the same car again in 1998 or so. Never saw it again

Indeed, the Data Book does not -- but the Fleet Buyer Book does (and states that the carpet would be black). Glad I posted both.

The following pic, found by Googling a UK site (1970 Dodge Polara convertible), shows clearly the dark/light pattern for green/blue interiors (if one ignores the non-stock speakers and what seems to be panel-top metal pieces in the back):

ebay49212.jpg

Here is the door panel from the same car (in Canada) that @Ironwolf had found. The armrest seems to have the lighter color:

p1aqasnt98l6b1ou3gvc49p11o5a.jpg

pics of my 70 conv, PO had the seats redone, if only he'd taken care of the door panels as well... I did get an NOS dashpad out of the deal.

20180605_204242.jpg

20180605_205157.jpg

thanks for all of the pictures. i guess i will be a little different since I already told the shop light blue on the inserts and dark blue around the outsides of the seats. I'll post pictures when I get the car back in 2 weeks.

It’ll look like a ‘65, then :)

without the stripe or band. Send a pic of your front seats when you get a chance if you don't mind.

Back