Introduction of New Yorker St. Regis 78'

Thanks for your interest and comments.
You had many question.
Let's start with the main things.

Here is picture of fender tag:

View attachment 144703

And here is production sticker, is that lower sign of emission decal or where it could be?
I have been looking for Build sheet, I have been looking for it under rear seat.

View attachment 144704

As @Ross Wooldridge bet, it look like this:

View attachment 144706

Unfortunately, I have to disappoint @1978 NYB , the lean burn system is converted

View attachment 144709

Windshield wipers work OK, and we have delay switch, I think it is optional in this year? (Was it available only 1978?)
But it Never rains in Southern Cal....Helsinki or we don't cruise:steering: if it rains.
Thanks for your interest and comments.
You had many question.
Let's start with the main things.

Here is picture of fender tag:

View attachment 144703

And here is production sticker, is that lower sign of emission decal or where it could be?
I have been looking for Build sheet, I have been looking for it under rear seat.

View attachment 144704

As @Ross Wooldridge bet, it look like this:

View attachment 144706

Unfortunately, I have to disappoint @1978 NYB , the lean burn system is converted

View attachment 144709

Windshield wipers work OK, and we have delay switch, I think it is optional in this year? (Was it available only 1978?)
But it Never rains in Southern Cal....Helsinki or we don't cruise:steering: if it rains.

Wow! That is the only Formal speedo I have ever seen in metric.

The emissions sticker is usually glued to the fan shroud and there is another on the bottom side of the hood.

I also like the leather wrapped steering wheel!

I have modded a blue laether wrapped steering wheel out of a 1977 Daytona Charger and installed in my 78 NYB.

DSC01967.JPG

The build sheet is usually in several places. I found mine in the driver seat back and found another in the front passenger seat back. Sometimes it is taped to the top of the heater box under the dash pad and sometimes in either of the back seat.

IMG.jpg

Nice looking car. If you had asked me prior to seeing the pic if Keystones would work my response would have been never in a million years. Who'da thunk. :thumbsup:

Looking at the data tag there is no U for United States or C for Canada. So it may not have been built to American or Canadian safety and emssions standards. But it was definitely built for export.

The "N92" on the tag means ESA less Catalytic Converter

Canadian market Chrysler products got metric speedos for 1977, a year earlier than required.

Whoooh.... HowTH did that get in there???
The Salon package included leather wrapped steering wheels and red or grey interiors were available in the Salon. So either one was installed from a Salon along the line by a previous owner, or there was an error made on the assembly line and this one got a leather wrapped Salon wheel by mistake.

Hi everybody!
Autumn is coming...

IMG_0832.JPG

She is going to warm garage.

IMG_0856.JPG

Steering wheel...Salon package with red leather steering wheel seems to be rare option.
However, our leather wrapped steering wheel is handmade Finnish special.

I have plans for a few things.
Does anyone know if new roof weatherstrip are available?
Another thing concerns the sunroof.
I would need a part of the picture, Rear Slide Assembly.
Does anyone know if there are still parts to these old sunroofs or does anyone know where I could find this part?

IMG_0782.jpg

I would be interested in the original am/fm/cb radio, I know that It does not work on the same frequencies here in Finland, but it Would be cool. BTW, how the cb radio antenna was originally?

I have a friend that has a 71 sunroof GTX. He has had the early B-Body power sunroof weatherstripping reproduced - but I do not know if the later C-Body weatherstripping is the same stuff or not. If anyone has some close up pictures of the weatherstripping and/or possibly a picture of the cross-section of the weatherstripping - I could pass that along to see if its the same.

Here again!
Today we spent a couple hours in the garage,...or maybe all day.
We cleaned the car's chassis.

IMG_1404.JPG

IMG_1398.JPG

I have been thinking about renovate a couple things.

Oil pan's, engine & transmission.
IMG_1384.JPG

Does anyone know what the right colour is on the oil pan's?

No CB parts or a factory CB antenna exist on the planet. You might be able to find someone in the U.S. to repair the radio. I took mine out and installed a modern aftermarket system so I could run my IPOD through it. Another thing.....you probably don't have a power antenna switch mounted on the dash. I had to fab up an original switch and installed a factory standard formal power antenna assembly. A major pain in the *** but it can be done. I'll post some pictures when I'm not on the phone. Surgery on a Formal dash is not easy or fun.

I have a friend that has a 71 sunroof GTX. He has had the early B-Body power sunroof weatherstripping reproduced - but I do not know if the later C-Body weatherstripping is the same stuff or not. If anyone has some close up pictures of the weatherstripping and/or possibly a picture of the cross-section of the weatherstripping - I could pass that along to see if its the same.

I believe all the sunroof parts are the same regardless of which car the sunroof is in. Mopar had the same aftermarket installer put all the sunroofs in if I recall.

Back