Introduction of New Yorker St. Regis 78'

Finn Yorker

Reaction score
Hi Guys and thank you for welcome. Car is Chrysler New Yorker St. Regis 1978. It has been shipped to Finland when it was new, so i think you call it is export car.

Here are some general shots:

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0830.JPG

Very nice!

Do you know of the history of this car?

It appears it might of never had the factory Lean Burn on it or someone converted it and found the air cleaner assembly. That air cleaner was never a factory 1978 model. But none of us of know of any special mods for export cars. Does it have an emission decal anywhere? Can you provide a picture of the emission decal and the fender tag? Have you found a build sheet?

There are a few Formal guys on this forum so sorry for all the questions.

Do the windshield wipers work? If they do you have to be very, very careful when using them in the winter or when there is any type of frost. The wiper cam will not withstand any resistance like if the wiper are frozen to the windshield or never try to clear snow off with the wipers. There is NO PARTS to fix the wiper cam and you will have to mod the wiper cam to make it work. How many miles does it have?

I have a 78 NYB.....

20160611_190854_resized.jpg

Sorry about all the questions....It's a beauty and maybe we will learn a little about a true export c-body.

This one fascinates me as well. Please photos of any export or build tags. What is it with the Finns? Why was their market so unique from the rest of Europe?

It seems like there is more Formals in Finland than any other country in Europe.

Hi Guys and thank you for welcome. Car is Chrysler New Yorker St. Regis 1978. It has been shipped to Finland when it was new, so i think you call it is export car.

Here are some general shots:

View attachment 144374

View attachment 144375

View attachment 144376

View attachment 144377
Love it... and a "hole in the roof" car... @75LandYacht will want to buy it if you decide to ship it to NY...:poke:

@Finn Yorker you have found the right place for you and that car... lots of love here.:welcome:

Wow what a beauty! It looks great with those Keystones!:thumbsup:

Holy Mackerel! That is gorgeous! And Welcome.

We just have to see more pics though.

As Matt said those Keystones look great on it.

What is it with the Finns? Why was their market so unique from the rest of Europe?

I have the same question...been puzzling me for years witnessing their love of BIG American cars...I picked up on it with the fact I have 2 Impalas and a Belair and share my interest with that enthusiast group on FB, etc... as well as with my love of C bodies here...I don't see it with say corvairs, pintos, vegas, etc...I could be wrong...

I agree but I just realized the pinstripe down low subtly adds to the appearance

The pinstripe location lower was a 1978 feature only. The earlier years on the formals had the pinstripe location a lot higher.

My oh my!!! That's gorgeous.. you don't see a lot of the white and burgundy / Red combo. i'm kind of digging those keystones too.. more pictures please, more pictures please...

And Welcome for NYC..

Thanks for your interest and comments.
You had many question.
Let's start with the main things.

Here is picture of fender tag:

IMG_0835.JPG

And here is production sticker, is that lower sign of emission decal or where it could be?
I have been looking for Build sheet, I have been looking for it under rear seat.

IMG_0834.JPG

As @Ross Wooldridge bet, it look like this:

IMG_0839.JPG

Unfortunately, I have to disappoint @1978 NYB , the lean burn system is converted

IMG_0838.jpg

Windshield wipers work OK, and we have delay switch, I think it is optional in this year? (Was it available only 1978?)
But it Never rains in Southern Cal....Helsinki or we don't cruise:steering: if it rains.

Last edited:
Back