Introduction of New Yorker St. Regis 78'

With the CB radio....

DSC01969 - Copy.JPG

With aftermarket radio....

DSC02281.JPG

Adding factory stamdard power antenna switch....

DSC02270.JPG

Advertised fun working on a Formal dash....

DSC02271.JPG

No CB parts or a factory CB antenna exist on the planet. You might be able to find someone in the U.S. to repair the radio. I took mine out and installed a modern aftermarket system so I could run my IPOD through it. Another thing.....you probably don't have a power antenna switch mounted on the dash. I had to fab up an original switch and installed a factory standard formal power antenna assembly. A major pain in the *** but it can be done. I'll post some pictures when I'm not on the phone. Surgery on a Formal dash is not easy or fun.

Bob, is there a difference in the power antennas between cars that were equipped with or without the CB radio function?

Wow! You and Peter both have 78 St Regis sun roof cars, You two will have to get to know each other from afar! His is the triple red car pictured from Waupun Wi. Yes with out skirts it really shows off the wheels. I don't think Iv ever seen a St Regis with out them, I think you could delete them and get wheel openings like yours, very nice!

Last edited:
Bob, is there a difference in the power antennas between cars that were equipped with or without the CB radio function?

Yes....the CB power antenna automatically goes up when you turn the radio power on. Antenna goes down when you turn the radio off. No power antenna switch on the dash if equipped with a CB radio. The wiring harness from the antenna to the radio is different too.

Wow! You and Peter both have 78 St Regis sun roof cars, You two will have to get to know each other from afar! His is the triple red car pictured from Waupun Wi. Yes with out skirts it really shows off the wheels. I don't think Iv ever seen a St Regis with out them, I think you could delete them and get wheel openings like yours, very nice!
If I am correct, it was a matter of a molding vs brackets... not that I'm after any, but I bet the moldings are a tough find today.

Yes....the CB power antenna automatically goes up when you turn the radio power on. Antenna goes down when you turn the radio off. No power antenna switch on the dash if equipped with a CB radio. The wiring harness from the antenna to the radio is different too.

Thank you for the clarification, I was considering purchasing an OE antenna on eBay, but it’s from a CB equipped car, and mine isn’t..

Your cars were brilliant Pete, just lovely. That new Yorker would be hard to beat.

Glenn has lovely stuff too - what an amazing home of his, just like an antique store filled with lots of interesting stuff.

Thanks Perry! We sure enjoyed your visit and for letting me drive your great 73 Imp! When your in town again come on down and we can finally get that beer we never managed to fit in!

DSCN1840 (2).JPG

DSCN1838 (2).JPG

Bob, thank you for the clarification the CB radio and antenna.

Fender case..., one reason why i like New Yorker is fenders. When i bought my car there were no fenders. I bought the fenders from Murray B. Park. BTW thanks to murray they were nice and even the right colour. I tested them to the car.

Jorkkerin Fenderit.jpg

So far, maybe we cruise without them...until my hair grows gray.
What do you think?

Pete, I really like your red St. Regis, classical style, w/skirts and road wheels.

-Mike (Mika), Helsinki Finland

A thousand people using their own camera will take a thousand pictures of the same red interior, and the pics will come out with it being a thousand different shades of red.

A thousand people using their own camera will take a thousand pictures of the same red interior, and the pics will come out with it being a thousand different shades of red.

Need sunglasses to look at most Formal red interiors. Lol.:poke:

Yup. Never rely on a photo (or your computer screen) when defining a shade of color. Get samples, and compare them side by side.

Garage day behind...
Work under electric's. One problem was oil, temperature and fuel gauge didn't work. I changed new Voltage limiter but it didn't fix the problem, problem was a bad contact in printed circuit board, gauges backside...nice place, you cant see it or reach it :BangHead:. I installed a new Lead directly from the fuse box. Now gauges OK.

IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1085.JPG

Another project was power front seats. Driver's seat was only 2-way (forward and backward) and passenger seat was 2-way or noway:mad:. I took switches away and cleaned them. Now we have 6-way seats both sides.

IMG_1044.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1038.JPG

Third project was rear sidelights, I had bought better sidelights from Murray.

IMG_1028.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

Garage day behind...
Work under electric's. One problem was oil, temperature and fuel gauge didn't work. I changed new Voltage limiter but it didn't fix the problem, problem was a bad contact in printed circuit board, gauges backside...nice place, you cant see it or reach it :BangHead:. I installed a new Lead directly from the fuse box. Now gauges OK.

View attachment 164776

View attachment 164777

Another project was power front seats. Driver's seat was only 2-way (forward and backward) and passenger seat was 2-way or noway:mad:. I took switches away and cleaned them. Now we have 6-way seats both sides.

View attachment 164787

View attachment 164788

View attachment 164786

View attachment 164785

View attachment 164792

View attachment 164793
Garage day behind...

View attachment 164776

View attachment 164777

View attachment 164787

View attachment 164788

View attachment 164786

View attachment 164785

View attachment 164792

View attachment 164793

Great work!

Make sure you use some sort of sealer around the rear side marker lights in the trunk area because they will leak when it rains and will rot out the lower quarter panels.

Yes your defiantly making progress! Don't you just love digging into all that wiring! I got the air shocks in on my new trailer tower 94 Buick Roadmaster wagon yesterday, so making some headway here too!

DSCN1811 (2).JPG

DSCN1814 (2).JPG

Back